usb stick no signal (1 Viewer)

zxr

Portal Member
February 25, 2008
Home Country
Hi
I have tried several usb DVB sticks now and they all have no signal. My pci tuner works fine. The usb sticks work fine with their original software. I am using tv server. Can anyone help?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    That may well be down to the sub stick driver, if not BDA compliant, MP may not recognise it correctly.

Any particular make, might be able to point you to drivers that do work with MP.

zxr

Portal Member
    February 25, 2008
    Home Country
    One was a Kworld, the other Lifeview. The Lifeview one is on the supported list. The Kworld one worked a while back but now doesn't. They both scan but have no signal and so find no channels.

I'm using XP sp3. AMD64 3000+, MSI motherboard.

zxr

Portal Member
    February 25, 2008
    Home Country
    I done that patch. Had to do it in safe mode. I used the latest patch and it said it worked.

It's just USB tuners that don't work for some reason. I have a PCI tuner (Leadtek DTV 2000H) and it works and scans fine.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Think we need logs for this.

So if you take the aerial lead off the leadtek tuner and put it on the usb one, still no scan results show up :confused:

Your right, both kworld and lifeview should work with TVServer, which is I hope what you are using.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    2009-02-13 22:16:49.437500 [6]: dvb: LockedInOnSignal could not lock onto channel - no signal or bad signal
    2009-02-13 22:16:49.468750 [6]: dvbt: Tune:DVBT:tv: Freq:177625 ONID:-1 TSID:-1 SID:-1 PMT:0xFFFFFFFF FTA:False LCN:10000 BandWidth:7

That's most of the way through the tv.log, i'm a bit baffled why no signal, can you try something, change the recording\timeshifting folder for that tv card only to a new location and save (close TVServer config), then move back to the default folders and save again, stop and restart TVService under manual control after doing the above changes, now try retuning with that card.

I really am hoping you have a good aerial signal on this, just to be able to use multiple tuners at once.

zxr

Portal Member
    February 25, 2008
    Home Country
    Tried that. It made no difference.

And yes I have very good signal. I can use the USB tuner with its original software and it tuned into all channels fine. It's just when I use MP server it doesn't work.

Users who are viewing this thread