Use XBMC add-ons with MP? (1 Viewer)

TOMillr

Portal Pro
May 4, 2011
I'm looking into switching from Windows Media Center to an alternative software running on Windows 8. I have found a couple of nice XBMC add-ons that I'd like to use (especially for IPTV in RTMP format like the "IPTVSimple PVR") but prefer the way MP looks and works.

Is it possible to uses those XBMC add-ons with MediaPortal as well?

TOMillr

Portal Pro
May 4, 2011
Thanks, but the special feature about the XBMC plugin mentioned above is the ability to also add RTMP streams which the MP source filter doesn't seem to support.

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    MP Url Source Filter has latest RTMP library to handle RTMP streams. What is special on mentioned RTMP streams or on XBMC plugin?

TOMillr

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2011
    Uh, that sounds promising! (y) There's nothing special about the XBMC plugin - I just didn't find any mention of RTMP under the supported formats in your original post: #1

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    There are two filters: one is MediaPortal IPTV Source Filter, which is made specific to IPTV streams (the streams must be in MPEG2 TS format - RTMP streams are in FLV format, so RTMP streams can't be handled with this filter). Second is MediaPortal Url Source Filter, which is part of OnlineVideos and this filter can handle RTMP streams.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Georgius : why,you do not have only one package ?

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Because IPTV filter is only input filter for MPEG2 TS streams and MP Url Source Filter is actually splitter (it splits video, audio and other streams). Maybe in future they be merged into one, it's good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom