Using A Pocket PC As A Remote COntrol For MP (Over IR) (1 Viewer)

butch_vendor

January 17, 2006
Hi everyone,
I'm new to the MP software and am in the process of building myself a budget HTPC as a trail before I spend any big bucks on new hardware. So my HTPC is currently based around a 1Ghz athlon, which works OK for movies ect but its just a little slow.

My question is regarding a remote control, I have a USB IR reciver on my dedktop pc and a pocket PC running pcoket pc 2003 OS. I use the IR reciver to snyc my pocket pc to my desktop.

Is there any software that would allow my pocket PC to act as a remote control for my HTPC (basically making the pocket pc simulate something like a MCE reote control).

I have had a search through the forum and I can't find any info on this topic, so sorry if I have accidently asked a popular quesion.

Any help will be appreciated.

rich710

Portal Member
July 13, 2004
Sweden
There are several "remote" programs for pocketpc that can learn from your remote, ex, Nevo, Vito Remote, mfl...
I dont know what tuner card you have but if there are support for it's remote in MP then just learn its signals to your pocketpc. or borrow some friends MCE remote and copy the commands

butch_vendor

January 17, 2006
At the moment I havn't got a tuner card in my HTPC, as im using it just to play xvids ect on my TV. So all I'm lookig for the remote to do is just allow me to naviagte around MP without using the mouse / keyboard

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom