Using a projector (1 Viewer)

K

knotboy

Hey just beginning to build a new media system with MMC whan I saw MP. I will probably go with MP. I am thinking about getting a projector and projecting the video on a screen over my fireplace in the basement. Has anyone tried this? Am I wasting my time/money?

cheffe97

Portal Pro
August 10, 2004
Berlin, Germany
...only if u consider the cost of a lamp.. :shock:
anyway I run it (partly) on a beamer to show pictures and movies and (in future) tv.
Works great. (btw have connected it via dsub)
cheffe

K

knotboy

cheffe97

It looks the I would be paying about $1,500 for the projector. Is it worth it? For the pic/quality I mean.
Thanks

K

knotboy

I was looking at best buy -it was a HEC I think. I just started looking. Do you have any suggestions?
Thanks

A

Anonymous

I have a beemer set up in the basement but I never use it, I much rather watch my 52" television set for some reason. Just like it more.... but that be to small of a picture and also a plasma in that size would be a bit expensive I guess.

K

knotboy

I am setting up in my basement as well. I need the display to go over a fireplace and I am worried about the heat for a TV and thought a projector might work.

lar282

Portal Pro
July 11, 2004
I got a homecinema with a computer running MP (before xlobby). Screen size about 2,3 m and I love it.
computer controlled by a x10 RF remote together with girder and a UIRT2.

//Lasse

cheffe97

Portal Pro
August 10, 2004
Berlin, Germany
yeah u can do that.
I bought a Pana PT-AE 700.
Think the Sanyo Z3 is a good choice too. But it's up to u really. Go to a good store and check all beamers. Depends on your personel taste, money and room u have for the beamer. So there is no ideal solution.
cheffe

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom