Using an XBox remote (1 Viewer)

Nefariam

Portal Member
June 13, 2015
Home Country
Australia Australia
I'm wanting to use an Xbox remote to control MediaPortal. Does anyone know if this is possible? Out of the box, the volume buttons don't even work so I'm guessing I need some drives or software or something. Does anyone have any experience with this please?

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'm wanting to use an Xbox remote to control MediaPortal. Does anyone know if this is possible?
    I have never used an Xbox remote to control MP, so I cannot tell you whether it is possible, or how to set it up. All that I can do is suggest that you read the MP Wiki to see if that contains any relevant information. Start with this page.

If you are trying to use a gamepad, this page suggests that it is possible. Good luck.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose compatibility with almost every new version. And new skins are too 'fancy' for my taste. I use a customized version of the default wide skin with only Videos and TV in the main menu. I use mediaportal for recording...
    I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
    I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
    Replies
    Views
    I've made a workaround using Autohotkey. If you don't want to install that should this problem arise for you, you can use my compiled .exe and add it to the autostart folder of Windows 8.1 and above. The functionality then is, when you press the Volume Up button on your MCE remote, this will send ALT+TAB to your HTPC, bringing...
    I've made a workaround using Autohotkey. If you don't want to install that should this problem arise for you, you can use my...
    This is something completely new for me. I've had this installation for a long time and the only thing I've change AFAIK, is...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks. Your screenshot is showing the "TVGuide", the mentioned "MiniEPG" appears, if you press "enter" or "OK" during Live-TV. But you're right, the channel arrow and PIP button are not reachable by mouse, something insibile is overlapping them and preventing focus. I'll fix that. Anyway, I'll provide a new installer to you soon...
    Thanks. Your screenshot is showing the "TVGuide", the mentioned "MiniEPG" appears, if you press "enter" or "OK" during Live-TV. But...
    I have a new tuner card (Hauppauge model 01609: WinTV-quadHD). It has four tuners and also an IR remote control. I can't figure...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi CyberSimian, Thanks for the reply and suggestion. I had looked for some kind of hardware solution (unsuccessfully) and your suggestion looks promising. However since posting the questionI have realised that MP itself provides a solution! Powerscheduler in Expert Settings mode provides an override function to put Windows into...
    Hi CyberSimian, Thanks for the reply and suggestion. I had looked for some kind of hardware solution (unsuccessfully) and your...
    I think this is a variation on other questions about audio output and setup. I specifically want to have my MP sound output over...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Excellent RF Remote DE
    Hi all. I just want to let anyone who might be interested know... the W10 Gyro remote is excellent. Works out of the box on MP1 and windows 10. No mapping required. Added bonus is that it’s RF and the dongle is tiny. Combine all this with the price and it’s a no brainer! I have no affiliation with this company. I’m just so impressed...
    Hi all. I just want to let anyone who might be interested know... the W10 Gyro remote is excellent. Works out of the box on MP1 and...
    Hi all. I just want to let anyone who might be interested know... the W10 Gyro remote is excellent. Works out of the box on MP1 and...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom