Using FFDShow in MyTV (1 Viewer)

MrMartin

Portal Member
October 27, 2005
Hello

Im using FireDTV together with MP's MyTV and it works kindof nice - except for the image quality. I would like to get more sharpness and more crispy image. The best way would be to use FFDshow i guess.

The problem is that when i activate FFDshow in MyTV i get an output with 25fps and not 50 (the ffdshow OSD shows output 25fps even if no filters are being used in ffdshow) :(
Also, i get a lot of stuttering and deinterlacing artifacts.

So i wonder if any of you know some good settings for FFDShow using it in MyTV, so i could at least get the right 50FPS?

Thanks in advance
Martin

MrMartin

Portal Member
October 27, 2005
Callifo said:
Is you cpu fast enough to run FFDShow with DVB?

I have p4 3.0Ghz, 512Mb ram and GF6600GT so it should be enough.
I play DVDs with Zoomplayer with ffdshow with lanchoz resize and lots of other filters and that works great, so i guess TV should work good as well?

Only problem is that the FPS seems to be locked at "25fps". :(

Martin

xxxomxxx

Portal Member
January 8, 2005
Zurich, Siwtzerland
gg, sry that of course is clear, but i turn on the OSD in ffdshow video codec configuration and as i watch tv(in MP) i do not see the OSD so i guess FFDshow is not active. Under codecs->raw-> i set it to "all supported" is that wrong? (do i have to change the embedded player, the overlay mode or anything else?) i am using an LCD and my colors are not as nice as on a retail LCD TV, they are kind of dull and not vivid (although pictures etc are perfect, so its not the LCD)

any advise (best setting for enhancing colors?)

System:
Industrial Core Duo Motherboard with Intel 945GM
Intel Core Duo 1,6 Ghz
1GB DDR2
WinXP MCE
Hauppage PVR 150 MCE

xxxomxxx

Portal Member
January 8, 2005
Zurich, Siwtzerland
still not working

thx for the tipp, i downloaded that version, but still i can not get ffdshow to process the live stream. If i record the stream (timeshift) and play it, then i see the OSD of ffdshow, but in normal live playback i can not.

I am using the standard MP decoder for TV, deinterlacing is on. I guess it is a Mpeg 2 stream that the ffdshow should process, correct? Do i have to turn off deinterlacing in MP and turn it on in ffdshow? Somthing is weird here ;-)

problem is, all the guides are for DVD, i want to optimize analog live TV..

thx

Cobra

MrMartin

Portal Member
October 27, 2005
xxxomxxx, you have to enter the "FFDShow RAW video Configuration".
Usually there is no link created to this menu, so the easiest way is to edit the startmenu shortcut "Video Decoder Configuration" in START -> Programs -> FFDshow.

Rightclick on the shortcut and choose "Properties". Then u see this Target:

"c:\windows\system32\rundll32.exe ffdshow.ax,configure"
Now change it to:
"c:\windows\system32\rundll32.exe ffdshow.ax,configureRaw"

And execute the shortcut.
Under "codecs -> raw video" set it to "all supported". Then Click OK.
Now FFDshow should work in MyTV!

Good luck!

FlipGer the FPS is indeed 50FPS (and NOT 25fps) on live shows, sport events and others. Watching football would be very jerky in 25fps ;)

Check it for yourself and u will see

Anyway, the problem is still there...No way to get 50FPS postprocessing with ffdshow. Any clue, anyone?

Martin

Paul Mathews

Portal Pro
July 15, 2005
NorthPole
MrMartin said:
@xxxomxxx, you have to enter the "FFDShow RAW video Configuration".
Usually there is no link created to this menu, so the easiest way is to edit the startmenu shortcut "Video Decoder Configuration" in START -> Programs -> FFDshow.

Rightclick on the shortcut and choose "Properties". Then u see this Target:

"c:\windows\system32\rundll32.exe ffdshow.ax,configure"
Now change it to:
"c:\windows\system32\rundll32.exe ffdshow.ax,configureRaw"

And execute the shortcut.
Under "codecs -> raw video" set it to "all supported". Then Click OK.
Now FFDshow should work in MyTV!

Good luck!

FFDshow make HD Tv and or SD TV any better. Just liek to know. Might turn it on and see me thinks :)

Thanks.

?ps ive only got a 2ghz BArton Cpu and a 6600 Gt. is that enough power ?

Thanks.

FlipGer the FPS is indeed 50FPS (and NOT 25fps) on live shows, sport events and others. Watching football would be very jerky in 25fps ;)

Check it for yourself and u will see

Anyway, the problem is still there...No way to get 50FPS postprocessing with ffdshow. Any clue, anyone?

Martin

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom