Using ffdshow's audio (1 Viewer)

Poromenos

Portal Member
January 12, 2006
I am trying to normalize my movies' sound and ffdshow supports normalization (and winamp plugins, which is what I'm going to use) but I can't get MP to use ffdshow. I select it as the movie audio output codec but the icon doesn't appear in the tray. When I launch other players, they use ffdshow normally and the normalization works.

What could be wrong?

esoteradactyl

Portal Member
January 4, 2006
if it's a newer build of ffdshow, its not going to work.. your going to have to use a older build. most before april 2005 seem to work correctly.

im really suprised this bug hasnt been fixed yet.. 99.9% of all fixes are tv realted unfortunately..

Poromenos

Portal Member
January 12, 2006
I didn't know there were ffdshow builds later than 2004. Where can I find them?
The problem was because I had installed AC3filter and it had set itself as default for ac3 files. It has a normalization feature also, so I am using that as well, it works well.

esoteradactyl

Portal Member
January 4, 2006
well come to think of it, im not sure if the audio portion of ffdshow is broken in newer builds. i know for sure that the video portion is... google for "ffdshow builds" and you will find numerous sites that have various builds..

wishywashy

Portal Pro
January 31, 2005
Hill AFB, UT
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
The audio works for me in movies with FFdshow from Dec 12, 2005. I can't enable LFE though, it stops DVD audio. It's no biggie though, my sound card does the crossover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 no MP hdmi audio DE
This was it, essentially. I did have Default Sound selected, but on further inspection at W7 Control Panel > Sound, I had Default Sound defined as Speakers via Realtec Audio, which is the external amplifier/speakers. Changed it to Sony TV,, and all is well. I hope I can remember this when I want to change back to the external audio...
This was it, essentially. I did have Default Sound selected, but on further inspection at W7 Control Panel > Sound, I had Default...
I'm not getting any audio from MP through HDMI. I'm sure this is a very common connection method. Normal sounds from W7 activity...
Replies
Views
it seems to me that the 4 screenshots I posted have the information you asked for. Can you see the 4 screenshots on page number 1?
it seems to me that the 4 screenshots I posted have the information you asked for. Can you see the 4 screenshots on page number 1?
Hello guys. If I want to send the audio to the DAC / AMP headphones (Topping E30 / L30) instead of the TV, what should I do? If...
Replies
Views
Hi, must be really a while, cuz I can not remember any post from you ;) But might be also that I joined the team too late. Yes, there will be many things. Main reason is simply, that MP2 is not developed based on MP1. I for example never used MP1. I tried it lately to test voice control and was shocked about many inconsistancies in...
Hi, must be really a while, cuz I can not remember any post from you ;) But might be also that I joined the team too late. Yes...
It´s been a while... :) Well, simply the reason is cause MP1 was working so well... :) Now I decided to upgrade my old servers and...
Replies
Views
If there are no mistakes for others, we add in 1.25 Pre or in the Final.
If there are no mistakes for others, we add in 1.25 Pre or in the Final.
Hi, Catavolt. I use your skin as a reference for analyzing errors in my own skin. One nuance appeared in all skins when replacing...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm quite new to this forum so please excuse me if I'm short on my understanding on how this works, I've been trying to find a solution for a couple of days but I've been yet unsuccessful. I'm trying to use an old HP Touchsmart (iq500) as a TV screen to live stream my PS2, as I haven't got enough room/money for a new TV. The...
Hi, I'm quite new to this forum so please excuse me if I'm short on my understanding on how this works, I've been trying to find a...
Hi, I'm quite new to this forum so please excuse me if I'm short on my understanding on how this works, I've been trying to find a...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom