Using ffdshow's audio (1 Viewer)

Poromenos

Portal Member
January 12, 2006
I am trying to normalize my movies' sound and ffdshow supports normalization (and winamp plugins, which is what I'm going to use) but I can't get MP to use ffdshow. I select it as the movie audio output codec but the icon doesn't appear in the tray. When I launch other players, they use ffdshow normally and the normalization works.

What could be wrong?

esoteradactyl

Portal Member
January 4, 2006
if it's a newer build of ffdshow, its not going to work.. your going to have to use a older build. most before april 2005 seem to work correctly.

im really suprised this bug hasnt been fixed yet.. 99.9% of all fixes are tv realted unfortunately..

Poromenos

Portal Member
January 12, 2006
I didn't know there were ffdshow builds later than 2004. Where can I find them?
The problem was because I had installed AC3filter and it had set itself as default for ac3 files. It has a normalization feature also, so I am using that as well, it works well.

esoteradactyl

Portal Member
January 4, 2006
well come to think of it, im not sure if the audio portion of ffdshow is broken in newer builds. i know for sure that the video portion is... google for "ffdshow builds" and you will find numerous sites that have various builds..

wishywashy

Portal Pro
January 31, 2005
Hill AFB, UT
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
The audio works for me in movies with FFdshow from Dec 12, 2005. I can't enable LFE though, it stops DVD audio. It's no biggie though, my sound card does the crossover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom