Using Hauppauge IR Blaster with MP? (1 Viewer)

Keneo

Portal Pro
August 28, 2009
Home Country
Canada Canada
Zaidwalk,
You do need to enable the blaster in the media portal config. And set it to hauppauge. But before you even worry about that, you need to make sure that the blaster will work using hauppauges own blastcfg program. Make sure you have the proper make and model of your set top box set up n that program (that goes for aididas too). If you can configure it properly there it's proably just a matter of uninstalling all other programs that access the blaster. Media portal will work once you enable the blaster in the media portal configuration program (MP 1.1)

Oz,
The GBPVR blast program showed promise when I was first trying to figure this all out. But it's unnecessary. For MP 1.02 you can use the file I attatched earlier in this thread. For MP 1.1 you don't need to do any hacking. Haupauge support is built in. There should be enough info in the more recent posts in this thread to get you up and running.

A.D.I.D.A.S

Portal Member
May 4, 2010
Minnesota
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Zaidwalk,
You do need to enable the blaster in the media portal config. And set it to hauppauge. But before you even worry about that, you need to make sure that the blaster will work using hauppauges own blastcfg program. Make sure you have the proper make and model of your set top box set up n that program (that goes for aididas too). If you can configure it properly there it's proably just a matter of uninstalling all other programs that access the blaster. Media portal will work once you enable the blaster in the media portal configuration program (MP 1.1)

Oz,
The GBPVR blast program showed promise when I was first trying to figure this all out. But it's unnecessary. For MP 1.02 you can use the file I attatched earlier in this thread. For MP 1.1 you don't need to do any hacking. Haupauge support is built in. There should be enough info in the more recent posts in this thread to get you up and running.

What if my model is not listed?

Keneo

Portal Pro
August 28, 2009
Home Country
Canada Canada
[...]
What if my model is not listed?

It's hard to imagine that you couldn't find something close to what you have. If your speciifc model isn't listed, you can try other models from same manuacturer. It doesn't have to be exactly the same model. Use the "test next" and "test all" buttons. It's very likely your blaster will work with something in the list. You may have to do some trial and error before you find one that works. If worse comes to worst, ask your TV provider if they carry different set top boxes that are in the list. But it probably wont come to that. hauppage has such a large selection in their list, you are bound to find something that works.

A.D.I.D.A.S

Portal Member
May 4, 2010
Minnesota
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
well whatever I did and I wish I knew. My MP is now working!!!!!

I want to be able to help others and tell what happened but I cannot because one day I turn everything on and BAM it works.

Thanks Keneo for all your help, I'm sure something you stated helped me get this to work.

Keneo

Portal Pro
August 28, 2009
Home Country
Canada Canada
well whatever I did and I wish I knew. My MP is now working!!!!!

I want to be able to help others and tell what happened but I cannot because one day I turn everything on and BAM it works.

Thanks Keneo for all your help, I'm sure something you stated helped me get this to work.

I am very glad to hear that. I have received a lot of help from others here. just wanted to pay it forward.

take care and enjoy

doramide7

October 6, 2010
Home Country
Argentina Argentina
It sounds like you are on some kind of track to get somewhere with this. Just bear in mind IR is based on certain 'codes that need to be blasted, changing to channel 131 is not as simple I don't think as sending 131 to the blaster .exe? Just guessing here.

I have heard of the MCE PVR 150 blasting correctly if any of us have it. S, do you have the MCE version or non MCE? I know the standard Mediaportal plugins in 0.2.3.x support blasting with the non MCE versions, and the MCE versions work fairly simply I think with the IR Suite.

I am happy to do some testing over the weekend, and try anything you guys may think of. I really need to run TV server so I can do things on my laptop and watch TV

-Oz-

Portal Member
July 26, 2006
Okay, so I set serverblaster to Hauppage and hauppage's program is configured to work (tested it manually). I am tuning via s-video and media portal can see the s-video but it never blasts the signal. How do I tell the card that it needs to use the serverblaster?

Took me awhile to get to this point since I had to start using s-video in; I used to use coax in on a fixed channel.

joseosoria

Portal Pro
March 3, 2008
Home Country
help please : i instaled an hvr 1600 and i programed and tested the ir blaster with wintv and the signal is sent to the set top box. so it works through the blasterconfig and it works through wintv using s-video(in wintv i added 10 channels to see if the blaster changes and yes it works fine). i went to mp tvserver config and enabled the pluging ir blaster and put on hauppage. ok, i only have 1 channel which is the s-video input svhs#1 on 3. so i dont know how to add other channels to be vewed throuhg the same input. i tested the blaster putting chanel 19 manually on my cable box for example and when i press prevew in tv server config i see the red light in the blaster and it puts channel 3 automatically so its working but only channel 3 . in mp i open tv and i see the svhs#1 on 3 video and audio . i try to add other channels but always says channel not maped to any tv card. or all cards bussy (i have only 1 card). so how do i add all my channels and how do i create a list to import them as sugested here? please be specific and patient with me. thanks.

joseosoria

Portal Pro
March 3, 2008
Home Country
ok, i managed to create all the channels in tv server by myself, but, there is somrething really annoing. is the fact that when i change to a new channel(ir blaster works inmediatly, cool) , the screen goes black for a second or 2 but at the botom it puts the epg of the new channel i just pressed wich is fine and then it goes back to the channel i am watching and then it goes to the new channel i just selected.
how can i make mp just go to the channel i just selected directly, instead of puting that black screen and then going again to the channel iam watching so then to the new channel? as i said the blaster changes the box inmediatly but mp does all these manuvers and is a waste of time. :mad:
i checked the behavior of wintv and the blaster and as soon as i press a new channel it changes inmediatly, no delays whatsoever. and wintv like mp has the same features so that delay could be avoided.
so i would like to see this behavior in mp too.
thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom