Using Hauppauge IR Blaster with MP? (1 Viewer)

A.D.I.D.A.S

Portal Member
May 4, 2010
Minnesota
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm in the same boat. Light on the blaster flashes when in the learning mode, but when I try and change the channel on my STB it will not flash through MP.

I'm starting to pull the little hair I have left on my head out!

Please help.

have you enabled the plugin ? set it to Hauppauge? Have you tried the file I attached?

Yes and still no luck.I have tried irss and this. I have also tried the config files.

Keneo

Portal Pro
August 28, 2009
Home Country
Canada Canada
In the MediaPortal TV Server Configuration program (MPTVSCP), did you create a channel list/map? You will have to do an automatic scan of channels for your TV card. Once the scan is complete, you should be able to use the preview function to see a channel.

In the MPTVSCP expand "TV Server " from the side bar, and find the name of your TV server. Expand it. Then select your TV card. Set your country, source, etc, and then start the scan for TV channels.

When thats done test it out... go to "TV Channels" in the MPTVSCP side bar and select any channel from the list. click "Preview". This will cause the blaster to ty to change the channel. If it works here, it ought to work in the MP client program as well.

If this works, you *may* also need to edit the channels to adjust the video source (and maybe audio source). In my case, this fixed my sound problem and increased the video quality big time. Since I am using the s-video input connection, I switched the video source to SVHS #1. If you have a lot of channels this can be tedious work, as you will have to change the source for each channel individually. If you find it necessary to change the sources on a lot of channels, you may want to just export the channel list to a XML file and do a search and replace operation in a text editor. Keep a backup of that file. In case you ever have to re-install your system, you can re-import it easily.

Post and let me know how things go, either way.

Keneo

Portal Pro
August 28, 2009
Home Country
Canada Canada
I just realized that if you are using MP ver. 1.1.0 you dont need to replace the serverblaster.dll. Hauppauge support is now built into MP.
if you did replace it, try re-installing MP (or if you saved the original dll, just put it back)

A.D.I.D.A.S

Portal Member
May 4, 2010
Minnesota
Home Country
Yes I'm using the most current MP. But still no go on sending the blast from the IR to the Receiver. I set up the mapping and I can view the channel in the preview but it will not change the channel.

Thanks for your help by the way

Keneo

Portal Pro
August 28, 2009
Home Country
Canada Canada
ok,

Assuming you replaced the original dll,
Make CERTAIN that you do not have WinTV installed (or any other software that can hijack the IR blaster.) if you installed TV viewing software that came with your hauppage, it will interfere with MP. Make sure you ONLY have the (1) driver, (2) the IRblaster cfg and (3) the remote control software installed. wipe out everything else, and reboot.

I know you will get this working. If I can do it, you can too.
By the way what hauppage card do you have?.

A.D.I.D.A.S

Portal Member
May 4, 2010
Minnesota
Home Country
ok,

Assuming you replaced the original dll,
Make CERTAIN that you do not have WinTV installed (or any other software that can hijack the IR blaster.) if you installed TV viewing software that came with your hauppage, it will interfere with MP. Make sure you ONLY have the (1) driver, (2) the IRblaster cfg and (3) the remote control software installed. wipe out everything else, and reboot.

I know you will get this working. If I can do it, you can too.
By the way what hauppage card do you have?.

(and if you want to thank me. use the "thanks" button below. I'd love to have one under my belt :))

It's weird. Everything works fine in Media Center but not MP. Also I'm using Hauppauge WinTV PVR2 dual tuner.

Also when I try and change the channel It trys to turn to a different channel.

Almost ready to find a new program.

-Oz-

Portal Member
July 26, 2006
This sort of fits here so I'll try. I'm using HaupBlast.exe taken from GBPVR to send the IR signal to my cable box. I've set it up in TVBlaster 3 in IRSS and I can see that it sends the signal BUT I can't figure out how to make it so that it tunes my HVR-1600 to channel 3 so I can watch the cable box.

Help?

I'd love to switch from GBPVR to MP because of MovingPictures and MPTVSeries

zaldwaik

September 23, 2010
I have a pvr-150 and while I can preview the content, I cannot make the blaster work. I am using the latest MP, when I tried the hack to replace the serverblaster.dll, in the config when pressing on plugin nothing happens/appears. So I am not sure now how the blaster is supposed to work. Thanks for any help in advance.

Keneo

Portal Pro
August 28, 2009
Home Country
Canada Canada
Zaidwalk. If yo are using the latest MP you should not need the blaster hack to make it work with hauppauge cards. MP 1.1 has built insupportable for hauppauge. Try replacing the version originally installed.

A.d.I.d.a.s.
Media center is probably interfering with mediaportals access to the blaster. Try disabling media center or uninstallng it Then try again.

zaldwaik

September 23, 2010
Keneo,
Thanks. So let me make sure I understand. Plugin is not needed (old or new) and I should disable it? I tried the alternative blasterserver.dll that did not work but then set it back to the original install. So I can easily disable it.

Now, I have an s-video source that is controlled with a blaster. I added a channel and set the name to be the channel number. However, the channel # is not being sent over the blaster. I can view video fine, I just cannot change channels. I only added one channel for now just so I can make it work. May be I am doing something wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom