Using Hauppauge IR Blaster with MP? (1 Viewer)

bazzz

Portal Pro
March 29, 2008
Vancouver, BC
Home Country
Canada Canada
Have you configured the remote using the Hauppauge software? I think either BlastCfg.exe or IrBlasterCfg.exe will work. The client-side plugin no longer works (and hasn't done since about 0.2.3 I think).

Keneo

Portal Pro
August 28, 2009
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi Bazzz,

thanks for your help.

Yes, I configured the blaster using blastcfg. The blaster functions well in two other HTPC softtware that I have been trying: Meedio, and GB-PVR. no problems there. But I am still hitting this road block with MP.

Do you, yourself have a hauppauge blaster working with MP?

Keneo

Portal Pro
August 28, 2009
Home Country
Canada Canada
What are you using to get your EPG?
I dont think I ever got the EPG working in MP directly. But I do have TV listings in MP because I installed "For The Record" and MP seems to be importing them from that.

Yes, I do. Can I assume that you can at least see the TV picture, just not change channels?
Yes, that was right. But I managed to get the blaster and inputs working fine since my last post. But now there is a new problem. In order to get the card to use S-video I had to edit each channel individually. I have 349 channels to configure. If I have to individually configure each channel thats gonna take forever. Is there anyway to set them all up at once? or at least faster?

Also, the channel list I currently have were built by the autoscan of my TV cards tuner. But that only get up to about channel 97. Does MP have a way to build the channel list based on the contents of the EPG?

bazzz

Portal Pro
March 29, 2008
Vancouver, BC
Home Country
Canada Canada
You might want to consider paying for a subscription to Schedules Direct. It does seem to make everything a lot easier. There's a guide kicking about somewhere, but basically you can just get the SD plugin to grab your channel list and map all the channels to your card. I seem to recall they do a cheap trial subscription.

I'm just taking the composite output from my digital cable box, so there's no "tuning" to do as such; but with SD the whole process only takes a couple of minutes. Let me know if you plan to go in that direction.

Keneo

Portal Pro
August 28, 2009
Home Country
Canada Canada
Well, I managed to solve the problem of 349 channels by parsing the TV server config's exported xml channel list into a excel spreadsheet and doing some "fill series" and "search & replace" operations. I re-imported the file and bingo :)

Sadly, since that time, I have run into an unrelated problem that eventually forced me to attempt to uninstall MP (along with 4 the record) and reinstall.

After some struggling with the re-install, most everything is working again as before except for (1) the blaster of course and (2) viewing live TV. I don't really know how I got the blaster working the first time -- just endless fiddling and rebooting (I don't remember having tried a sledge hammer, but that option is becoming more tempting by the minute.)

Current Symptoms:
- if I attempt a channel preview in the TV server config program, it wont blast and the config program will crash (this crashing is why I tried re-installing MP in the first place). The same crash happens if I try to view live TV in the MP client program.
- I can record TV using 4 the record scheduling, but the blaster still does not function so it records whatever channel is currently tuned.

So basically, blaster is not working with MP again and I cant even view the channels live without crashing. I am not sure if these two problems are related.

if anyone has any ideas on what to check I am all ears.

xternal

August 11, 2010
Home Country
I cant seem to get it working either. I have the severblaster enabled and Hauppauge set. But it does not blast.
Blastcfg is setup and works when you send test commands. MP however does not send the channel numers.
I have manually added channels to analog (which shows the hdpvr stream when chosen, but not the right channel as it does not blast).
Any ideas? Anyone manage to get this working?

Keneo

Portal Pro
August 28, 2009
Home Country
Canada Canada
xternal

I eventually got everything working and I am sure you can too.

Start by making sure you have the correct version of the blaster plugin installed properly. I have attached a copy of the one that is working for me. I am using MP ver. 1.0.2.

This should replace the file of the same name in your c:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\Plugins folder.

If you get it working please post and let me know. if not, post some more info and we'll see what else to try.

Attachments

• ServerBlaster.zip
    14.9 KB

A.D.I.D.A.S

Portal Member
May 4, 2010
Minnesota
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I cant seem to get it working either. I have the severblaster enabled and Hauppauge set. But it does not blast.
Blastcfg is setup and works when you send test commands. MP however does not send the channel numers.
I have manually added channels to analog (which shows the hdpvr stream when chosen, but not the right channel as it does not blast).
Any ideas? Anyone manage to get this working?

I'm in the same boat. Light on the blaster flashes when in the learning mode, but when I try and change the channel on my STB it will not flash through MP.

I'm starting to pull the little hair I have left on my head out!

Please help.

Keneo

Portal Pro
August 28, 2009
Home Country
Canada Canada
I'm in the same boat. Light on the blaster flashes when in the learning mode, but when I try and change the channel on my STB it will not flash through MP.

I'm starting to pull the little hair I have left on my head out!

Please help.

have you enabled the plugin ? set it to Hauppauge? Have you tried the file I attached?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom