Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    All looks good in the logs so far.
    Is this on the laptop?
    What machine will have the TV card access in it?
    I ask because installing the TV server on a laptop with no card will not help you.
    As for other media, you can start the client and go thru the setup and add media to try it all out

Juneislostohno

Portal Member
    July 12, 2016
    Home Country
    I'm not sure what you mean by TV card. This install was on the laptop. We were intending to run as we did with WMC - independant HDHomerun Extend tuner working with an OTA HD antenna.
    Access to tuner both WiFi and hardwire to all devices through router. Wasn't really sure about how to set up for this client/server yet. I been so far in the weeds getting this to work on the one laptop. I hadn't been able to get enough of a feel to figure out how to set this up utiliziing the current system (1 Synology 1515+ with 4GB, I HP Pavillion desktop with a 6 core i7 and this laptop). The laptop was bought specifically built and purposed for all media entertainment in our front room where it connects to a Denon receiver through HDMI and performs DVR functions as well as hardcore streaming. Provides display to our HDTV through receiver. I run it very very lean.
    I was really waiting until something worked to start making decisions about integration, but since you understand this much better then I, please give some guidance. My husband is VERY protective of the mainframe/desktop in particular, so I was trying to avoid install on it until I had something I knew I could make work. So far it has been doing very well since we replaced the RAID drives a couple of weekends ago, I had hoped to be able to record on laptop, send TV shows to the Synology as we had done before (maybe using bitorrent sync? still have to research) and use it as main storage for recorded TV and keep mainframe and laptop lean. Already have almost 4GB of WMC recorded tv that we have just started trying to watch down using WMP. If I get this working I hope to convert files for MP2, but if it gets too tedious we may just watch and nuke with WMP even if it is clunky.
    I know this is info you didn't ask, but I thought a bit and decided maybe if you understood what our intent was, you would be able to better help me find some way to utilize this program, especially since so far it has been the only thing that has shown a glimmer of hope that it might work if I could just figure out setup.

Juneislostohno

Portal Member
    July 12, 2016
    Home Country
    OK, tried starting setup. I'm getting no video in preview when I test channels. Channels function normally in HDHomerun VIEW. Last time when this happened, I couldn't get function in MP2 either.
    Attached a log file.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I don't have any clue about HDHomerun so I don't know how to get this working. But I can help with this:
    WMC recorded tv
    convert files for MP2
    As long as your WMC recordings are not encrypted (depends on your TV broadcast service but normally they are not) you don't need to convert them at all. Simply move them to your recordings source folder and your WMC recordings are recognized by MP2 as if they were "native" MP2 recordings... If they were encrypted there is no way to convert or watch them outside WMC at all.

If you want to keep your Recordings for a longer period, means add them to your personal media library, I strongly would suggest to convert any TV recording, no matter if it is a WMC or MP2 recording. The recorded files are way too big and other containers (like mkv) are more useful for long time storage...
    Once you want to start converting your recordings, give me a call and I can provide some hints how to do this with minimum work and maximum result.

Edit:
    I had a quick look at your logs.
    Good news, it seems as if your 4 HDHomerun tuners are properly recognized by MP2.
    Detected new digital BDA tuner device Silicondust HDHomeRun Tuner 1031AC41-1 @device:sw:{71985F48-1CA1-11D3-9CC8-00C04F7971E0}\Silicondust HDHomeRun Tuner 1031AC41-1

But this should not happen:
    Unable to configure MediaSource for recordings, probably TV configuration wasn't run yet.
    It looks as if you didn't finished the TV configuration at all.

Maybe you should read this sticky thread first:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mediaportal-2-installation-and-setup-guides.134034/

Not finished yet but configuring TV is included already.

Last edited:

Juneislostohno

Portal Member
    July 12, 2016
    Home Country
    Ooo thanks that might save me some work.

All HDHomerun is is a network TV tuner in its own box. You download your software from Silicondust, tell the software what program you're going to use and configure tuner for that program. You check that things are displaying with their VIEW software and after that it's just a matter of getting your program to work. It's irritating because this part all worked beautifully in win 10 on (of course) the laptop that blew its motherboard. Have yet to get the main laptop to work. Ran initial scans in HDHomerun setup with it set to Mediaportal. I think I will try again today for giggles by choosing Default. Although MP2 is finding channels correctly....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom