Using S/PDIF in AC3 MPA-MPC decoder Mediaportal crashes (1 Viewer)

charly-x

Portal Member
October 20, 2009
Nieuwegein
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
MediaPortal Version: SVN Revision:24975
MediaPortal Skin: Blue wide
Windows Version: Windows 7 Prof.
CPU Type: AMD AM2+ 4000
HDD: Seagate 750gb
Memory: 2gb
Motherboard: Asus M268N plus
Video Card: ATI 4550
Video Card Driver: Last version
Sound Card: Theatron Agrippa
Sound Card AC3: optical out
Sound Card Driver: WIN7-6.12.8.1738
MPEG2 Video Codec: standard Mediaportal
MPEG2 Audio Codec: standard Mediaportal
h.264 Video Codec: CoreAvc 2
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Ahanix 5
Cooling: Scythe Shuriken Rev.B Quiet
Power Supply: Konig 450watt ATX
Remote: Logitech ONE
TV: Samsung LCD series 6
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

When I use the S/PDIF option in the MPA-MPC decoder tab and watching a mounted ISO movie everything works fine, until I try to stop or pause the movie. Mediaportal freezes and I can only restart after powering off the PC. I'am having troubles making a log of the probleem because I can't debug or I just don't know how to:sorry:
When I turn off S/PDIF in the option MPA-MPC decoder tab and choose speaker everything works fine and I can stop or pause a movie. The problem is that my receiver is not able to change to DTS or Dolby.

I'll hope somebody knows a workaround or does have a solution.

Greetz C.

charly-x

Portal Member
October 20, 2009
Nieuwegein
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I tried to make a normal report with the mediaportal debug mode.
That doesn't go well because the pc does crash after stopping or pausing a video in such a way that I can only restart with the reset button.
I made a report after the reset. I'll hope it will give you some information.
For mounting ISO's I'am usiing the latest free deamons tools (DLite)

Done some other options. Downloaded shark007 codecs. Did make sure AC3 was selected in mediaportal configuration. Used FFDshow Shark007 codecs in mediaportal.
Everything works just fine with the standard configuration. As soon as I try to select AC3 with dts video in Shark007 codecs mediaportal can't be paused or stopped.
Hope somebody knows a solution.
Greetz C.

danny1987

January 14, 2008
Amersfoort
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Finally someone with the same problem as me!

I'm having the same problem. Mediaportal works just fine and as soon as i pause or stop the movie it just freezes and i have to hard reset the computer.

I'm also using my S/PDIF on my Theatron Agrippa soundcard. Also when i use the S/PDIF passtrough in MPA-MPC Decoder or the AC3 Filter it just freezes. Everything else works just fine.

I'm currently running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 with mediaportal 1.1.0 RC2.

I tried to create a log file with watchdog but the computer just freezes so no log files where created. posted al my files within the log folder.

Hope someone has some awnsers!:D

(sorry for the bad english)

Innovativeuser

Portal Member
January 27, 2006
I also got the same problem.
I tried different codecs and options, but my video freezes when i press pause or stop.

My system also got an Theatron Agrippa DTS. Maybe something is wrong with the driver?

charly-x

Portal Member
October 20, 2009
Nieuwegein
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Finally someone with the same problem as me!

I'm having the same problem. Mediaportal works just fine and as soon as i pause or stop the movie it just freezes and i have to hard reset the computer.

I'm also using my S/PDIF on my Theatron Agrippa soundcard. Also when i use the S/PDIF passtrough in MPA-MPC Decoder or the AC3 Filter it just freezes. Everything else works just fine.

I'm currently running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 with mediaportal 1.1.0 RC2.

I tried to create a log file with watchdog but the computer just freezes so no log files where created. posted al my files within the log folder.

Hope someone has some awnsers!:D

(sorry for the bad english)

What is the release date of the driver that you are using?
Maybe we can ask Club3D for an update of their driver for win7 x86 and x64.:(

danny1987

January 14, 2008
Amersfoort
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
i'm using the latest version available from the club3d site.

This week I will try an older version, and see if it works!

Innovativeuser

Portal Member
January 27, 2006
For me, i tried to install the shipped Driver and now it works! I do not see the version no. at the moment, but i think it is 5.0something..
I can pause, but to resume i need to skip 15 seconds. If i press pause again, the movie stopps and dont recognize, where it stopps...

charly-x

Portal Member
October 20, 2009
Nieuwegein
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
For me, i tried to install the shipped Driver and now it works! I do not see the version no. at the moment, but i think it is 5.0something..
I can pause, but to resume i need to skip 15 seconds. If i press pause again, the movie stopps and dont recognize, where it stopps...

Hi There,

What OS are you using? XP/Vista/Win7?

Innovativeuser

Portal Member
January 27, 2006
Hi there!

i am using win vista 64bit. Win7 also made same problems, so i use that now for my laptop and reinstall vista on htpc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom