Using Squeezebox Touch as MiniDisplay (1 Viewer)

milka

Portal Member
July 14, 2008
Home Country
Hi all,

Not entirely sure if this is the correct angle to tackle this from or not, but I'll give it a whirl anyway.

I use Mediaportal for TV/TV Series and Movies, I use Logitech Squeezebox's for Music.

I'm about to purchase a Logitech Squeezebox Touch to replace my older Squeezebox and one of the things you get with this is a 480x272 color LCD that I reckon would be fantastic for displaying the Now Playing information out of Mediaportal for any videos I might be playing (ie. in the same way that the MiniDisplay feeds my Origen S16V at the moment).

I've sort of got it in mind that the Squeezebox Touch side of things will utilise a screensaver plugin on that side of the setup. There's some fairly capable ones already available through their development community.

What I'm not sure of is the Mediaportal side of things. I know that the information is available. The MiniDisplay accesses it, as does something like iPiMP, I'm just trying to figure out the best way to shoehorn this to the Squeezebox Touch.

Anyone got any ideas on this?

I'd absolutely love to have 1 device that displays Now Playing information for all of my media needs (in addition to being a very capable music source!) and that doesn't cost major $$$.

Cheers, and my thanks,

milka

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom