Using Standard Definition Native Resolution for MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

jackelectronics

Portal Member
June 27, 2005
Sorry, I have an NVIDIA card using S-Video and therefore cannot advise on other GPUs or SCART RGB connections.

jackelectronics

Portal Member
June 27, 2005
Am I being dumb or what? But which file are you changing the settings in and where is it? I cannot see any xml files with settings in that look remotely like what you changing.

cheers

Darren

Inside MediaPortal go to settings, and calibrate your screen. A XML file will appear then in your MP root directory. You can then edit the file by hand.

You can find preconfigured XML on my site at http://www.jackelec.myzen.co.uk/computers/mportal/index.html

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hm..... I have now followed your instructions, except the flicker-filter part, as I am unsure if it makes any difference in Image, except making it bounce around somwhat when turned off.

For reference, I calculated the pixel rations as below where 16:9 is refferred to a anamorphic widescreen TV-set:
    4:3 PAL at 720x576: 10667 (1.0667)
    10667 should be standard in MediaPortal, and not 10000, don't you agree?

raf

Portal Pro
    January 23, 2005
    Sydney, AUSTRALIA
    Some very good information in this thread and I have improved the picture quality from my set top box, however my primary & only display is a HD WS plasma and I would like my settings optimized for that, could someone offer some advice please.

TIA

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    raf

What are your choices on connectivity, ie HDMI etc, need this info to advise.

ps HDMI is the obvious choice.

Regards

raf

Portal Pro
    January 23, 2005
    Sydney, AUSTRALIA
    Ray

My graphics card (Nvidia 6600GT) doesn't have HDMI out, I'm using component (Y Pr Pb) to a 50" Panasonic Plasma.

My DVB-T picture has always been excellent but I have never been happy with the picture from my satellite STB especially on sports coverage, following the instructions in this post has improved the picture but as I'm not fully understanding what I'm doing I now have a stretched desktop on my screen which doesn't make the MP UI look the best plus I'm obviously not getting a HD picture on my HD DVB-T channels.

TIA

fanoI

Portal Pro
    December 26, 2006
    I think thanks to this guide to solve my problems of screen not filled for the 4:3 screen...

But my CRT TV is Widescreen I Think the best resolution would be 1024*576
    and watch all in the wide AR (Now in 4:3 mode I' ve to change AR to Zoom to see a >=16:9 show).
    If the file was 4:3 the pillar-box would be automatic in this case, right?

I've tried to create a custom resolution of 1024*576 but my tv screen is always
    in 4:3 mode... and if I move the mouse the display move itself... as 2 4:3 screen
    side by side and not a 16:9 screen...

The GPU is Nvidia 6150 integrat on the motherboard with drivers version:
    Forceware 82.05.

fanoI

raf

Portal Pro
    January 23, 2005
    Sydney, AUSTRALIA
    I bought a DVI to HDMI converter, set my resolution to 1280*720 (which is what I used previously with component) and now not only do I have a crisp and clear DVB-T picture (which I had with component) but my analog input is now crisp & clear and just as good if not better than direct input to the TV.

It's unbelievable the difference the DVI has made over the component for the analog input without making a difference to an already excellent DVB-T picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom