MP2 - V2.1 using the config app (called SetupTV.exe), "General" crashed the setup program (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon z

August 12, 2017
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
MediaPortal 2 Version: 2.1.1

Description
using the config app (called SetupTV.exe), all the screens work except "General", which crashed the setup program immediately.

Im using this General setting screen in the hopes of being able to teach MediaPortal to have some kind of minimize/maximize (you know, the little icon that makes the page occupy say a quarter of your screen so you can do other work without closing media portal) Is this even possible?

Steps to Reproduce:
launch MediaPortal Configuration (aka SetupTv.exe). When it loads, all of the tress display fine, and I can select any except "General". Selecting General immediately crashes the setup program.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Jon,
    using the config app (called SetupTV.exe), all the screens work except "General", which crashed the setup program immediately.
    Given your other thread where your Windows system was found to be corrupted, I would recommend that you run a repair install of your Windows 10. You can also try to run a repaitr instalaltion of MediaPortal 2 (simploy run the installer once again and choose Repair).

in the hopes of being able to teach MediaPortal to have some kind of minimize/maximize
    You are looking at the wrong place:). Open the client app and use Alt-Enter to toggle between Fullscreen/Window/Window always on top.

jon z

August 12, 2017
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks for the Alt-Enter advice. I'm going to scour the wiki for a list of other useful keyboard commands!
    On the issue of reinstalling MediaPortal---I think I'll try the "repair" install----can't hurt to try that.

thanks again.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom