Using Your Own Custom Images? (1 Viewer)

thebib62

August 2, 2015
United States of America United States of America
Hey guys, I love their plugin, and it's the reason why I made the switch to MediaPortal. That being said, I'm brand new to both MP and this plugin.

I wanted to know if there was a way I could use my own custom images for the TV episode thumbnail, and backdrop?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Country flag
    @thebib62, if you add the entire show manually then you can add whatever text/artwork you want.

Automatic added shows are handled fully by TheTVdB. Now that is a community driven site, so you are free to add additional content to there (also allowing others to enjoy the artwork you share, the same way you enjoy their efforts). Pulling up the F9 dialog offers you then the option to select different fanart for the background, or different cover images for the poster. FFW/RWD buttons can also be used to quickly cycle through poster images, and the fanarts can also be configured to flip through a set of random ones.

As for episode thumbnails, I am not sure if TheTVdB offers an option for multiple, but you are welcome to upload a better alternative then the one they offer if you feel it represents the episode better. It would have to be an improvement that a large majority of users would approve of, so keep that in mind or you will get banned eventually.

That being said if you prefer full control then just check the wiki page on how to manually add everything yourself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    toricred Using TMM, How to Stop Importer From Going to The Movie Database for Data General 1
    morpheus_xx [WiP] OnlineVideos: New browser based playback support using WebDriver, new Amazon siteutil MediaPortal 2 14
    toricred [solved] Configuring TV Server to use NAS General 5
    vvulture Using Windows 10 MediaPortal 1 Talk 8
    atlantic How to use Spotify inside Mediaportal? Listen Music 18
    Megane Too much RAM used (over 2 GB). General Support 18
    doskabouter 1.23.0 MatroskaTagInfo uses the wrong casing for tags Bugreports 27
    D how to disengage from one version of a plugin to use another Newcomers Forum 0
    D I just installed MP 1.23. Which version of Schedules Direct should I use, where do I obtain it from Newcomers Forum 6
    M Can i use my Vu+ Zero 4k Tuner for Mediaportal? General 0
    benicehavefun Using MePo TV Server 1.23 via MPExtended/WebMediaPortal as a Backend for Plex MPExtended 4
    G MP1 TV Server "failed to upgrade the database" using MS Sql Server Installation, configuration support 3
    1gkar Use Alternative Sites to Scrape Series Info My TVSeries 5
    T Can Emprex 3009ARF III MCE Remote Control be used to toggle Fullscreen/Windowed mode?? Remotes 7
    S [solved] Live TV subtitle issue if not using 100% font General 31
    N [Proposal] Make text input using remote control easier MediaPortal 2 4
    T Issues with MediaPortal not starting correctly using versions after 1.20 Final General Support 6
    erika jandova Using SD and MediaPortal 1 Newcomers Forum 4
    D Large xml database in My Movies Management. I remain unclear on use My Films as bridge to MP2.2 General 9
    N [solved] When MP2-Client is trying to register credentials, it uses the wrong machine name MediaPortal 2 7
    high [Help Me!] Atlassian Fisheye/Crucible still used? Team Lounge 8
    D [solved] HID remote for mp2 and w10 64 bit? using all tools: sony, cisco, homeworkx ng General 2
    Symphy Still being used? ASIO music player 0
    P no signal when scanning for channels using antenna and dual hd General Support 2
    N Using mediaportal in lieu of hauppauge wintv Newcomers Forum 10