Using Your Own Custom Images? (1 Viewer)

thebib62

August 2, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hey guys, I love their plugin, and it's the reason why I made the switch to MediaPortal. That being said, I'm brand new to both MP and this plugin.

I wanted to know if there was a way I could use my own custom images for the TV episode thumbnail, and backdrop?

1b403869d5.jpg

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @thebib62, if you add the entire show manually then you can add whatever text/artwork you want.

Automatic added shows are handled fully by TheTVdB. Now that is a community driven site, so you are free to add additional content to there (also allowing others to enjoy the artwork you share, the same way you enjoy their efforts). Pulling up the F9 dialog offers you then the option to select different fanart for the background, or different cover images for the poster. FFW/RWD buttons can also be used to quickly cycle through poster images, and the fanarts can also be configured to flip through a set of random ones.

As for episode thumbnails, I am not sure if TheTVdB offers an option for multiple, but you are welcome to upload a better alternative then the one they offer if you feel it represents the episode better. It would have to be an improvement that a large majority of users would approve of, so keep that in mind or you will get banned eventually.

That being said if you prefer full control then just check the wiki page on how to manually add everything yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom