v4.8.0b - Fanart issue ..... ? (1 Viewer)

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I have just started to use fanart with version 4.8.0.b and I have noticed the following odd results:-

As I have just started using this fanart feature, only about 20 out of the 200 plus movies have a corresponding fanart.jpg file. I have the option "Use default film poster as Fanart if not found in Fanart Path" selected, and I have the path to a default film poster defined.

When I select a DVD that has a corresponding fanart image ("film name.jpg"), it works fine ... :)

However, when I select a DVD that does not have a corresponding fanart image, a distorted version of the DVD cover is displayed as the fanart, or the first file (alphabetically) in the fanart folder (About Schmidt.jpg) is displayed as the fanart instead of the default film poster. In fact, the default film poster is never displayed as the fanart background .... :(

Now, it is quite possible that I have made an error configuring My Films, but I cannot figure out what my error might be, so I suspect that it is a bug in 4.8.0b?

zebons

Portal Pro
    January 2, 2006
    I have just started to use fanart with version 4.8.0.b and I have noticed the following odd results:-

As I have just started using this fanart feature, only about 20 out of the 200 plus movies have a corresponding fanart.jpg file. I have the option "Use default film poster as Fanart if not found in Fanart Path" selected, and I have the path to a default film poster defined.

When I select a DVD that has a corresponding fanart image ("film name.jpg"), it works fine ... :)

However, when I select a DVD that does not have a corresponding fanart image, a distorted version of the DVD cover is displayed as the fanart, or the first file (alphabetically) in the fanart folder (About Schmidt.jpg) is displayed as the fanart instead of the default film poster. In fact, the default film poster is never displayed as the fanart background .... :(

Now, it is quite possible that I have made an error configuring My Films, but I cannot figure out what my error might be, so I suspect that it is a bug in 4.8.0b?
    The default film poster IS the DVD cover so as you select the option "Use default film poster as Fanart if not found in Fanart Path" it's normal that you get a distorted version of the DVD cover
    Complément to undestand a little more Fanart and picture functions in MyFilms :
    There are 3 types of pictures managed by MyFilms :
    • the master poster : name given in the database with Picture field. It can define the full path name poster or only the filename. In that case, the poster is searched into the "Picture Path (IMG)" with filename given by the Picture DB field.
    • Fanart : thumb used as background. The directory is given by "Fanart Picture Path (IMG)". The filename Must correspond exactly to the movie name and there is only one Fanart by movie. You can decide to use the default poster as fanart by selecting "Use default Film Poster as Fanart if not found in Fanart Path"
    • Additionals Pictures : path given by the "Additional Picture Path (IMG)". filename of additionals pictures must contain the movie name or stored in a directory that contain the movie Title (don't worry about filename pictures in that case). You can display those additionnals pictures by clicking on the button behind the poster in the detailed screen. You can then choose the displayed picture as poster or as fanart

I hope it'll help you

z3us

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Additionals Pictures : path given by the "Additional Picture Path (IMG)". filename of additionals pictures must contain the movie name or stored in a directory that contain the movie Title (don't worry about filename pictures in that case). You can display those additionnals pictures by clicking on the button behind the poster in the detailed screen. You can then choose the displayed picture as poster or as fanart
    That button is not displayed in my skin (streamedmp)

zebons

Portal Pro
    January 2, 2006
    Additionals Pictures : path given by the "Additional Picture Path (IMG)". filename of additionals pictures must contain the movie name or stored in a directory that contain the movie Title (don't worry about filename pictures in that case). You can display those additionnals pictures by clicking on the button behind the poster in the detailed screen. You can then choose the displayed picture as poster or as fanart
    That button is behind the dafault poster and only active if one or more additional picture is found...

z3us

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    That button is behind the dafault poster and only active if one or more additional picture is found...

I know, and I cant see that button.
    Could you please post a screenshot?
    Thanks

zebons

Portal Pro
    January 2, 2006

Thanks
    I cann't post a screenshot, the button is masked behind the poster :mad:

Thanks
    I cann't post a screenshot, the button is masked behind the poster :mad: If you have many pictures for a movie, clic only on the default poster to see others...

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi zebons,

The default film poster IS the DVD cover so as you select the option "Use default film poster as Fanart if not found in Fanart Path" it's normal that you get a distorted version of the DVD cover
    In the tab "General" (in My Films Configuration) there is a field at the bottom that says "Default Poster", which I assumed was the full path name to a single file (IMG) that would be used as the "Default Poster". Since it is not used as I thought, what is that field meant to indicate?

Also, for any movie that doesn't have a corresponding Fanart, sometimes a distorted version of the DVD cover is used as the fanart, but often the fanart file "About Schmidt.jpg" is used - the only thing I noticed here is that "About Schmidt.jpg" is the first file (alphabetically) in my fanart folder. This seems to be a bug?

z3us

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi zebons,
    In the tab "General" (in My Films Configuration) there is a field at the bottom that says "Default Poster", which I assumed was the full path name to a single file (IMG) that would be used as the "Default Poster". Since it is not used as I thought, what is that field meant to indicate?
    Thats the default cover picture for those films that havent got a picture associated in the field "picture"

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thats the default cover picture for those films that havent got a picture associated in the field "picture"
    Ah - OK. So it looks like I am confused by the different terminologies used for various pictures - to me, the DVD Cover picture is not the same as as the "Poster". I assumed that the "Poster" referred to the fanart picture ... :(

I think it would help if consistent terminology was used throughout the My Films Configuration - as I now understand it, there are 3 types of "pictures":-

1. DVD covers (sometimes referred to as "posters")
    2. Movie fanart (nothing to do with "posters")
    3. Additional pictures (more fanart)

Is that correct?

z3us

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I cann't post a screenshot, the button is masked behind the poster :mad: If you have many pictures for a movie, clic only on the default poster to see others...
    What does that mean? How can I clic in the poster? Do you mean that I should clean on the cover or on the fanart?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom