v4.8.0b - Fanart issue ..... ? (1 Viewer)

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi zebons,

I think that one of the issues that I raised at the beginning of this thread has been overlooked .....

I have the option "Use default film poster as Fanart if not found in Fanart Path" not selected, so that if there is no fanart.jpg for the selected DVD, the standard background picture for the skin (Monochrome) will be displayed.

When I select a DVD that has a corresponding fanart image ("film name.jpg"), it works fine ... :)

However, when I select a DVD that does not have a corresponding fanart image, sometimes the standard background picture for the skin (Monochrome) will be displayed - which is correct. But often, the first file (alphabetically) in the fanart folder (About Schmidt.jpg) is displayed as the fanart instead.

I have also noticed that the fanart image is displayed over the top (overlayed?) of the standard background picture for the skin. The effect of this is that the fanart image is subdued and the graphics of the skin's background is still visible through the fanart. For example, the Monochrome skin background has a line halfway down the screen and this appears through the fanart image, too. Is this intended behavior?

And, I have noticed that sometimes (its not reproducible), the fanart will flash between the correct image and the the first file (alphabetically) in the fanart folder (About Schmidt.jpg) at about a 1 second rate. Moving onto another DVD and then back again often clears the flashing behavior.

Please let me know if you need any log files, or want me to do additional testing ....

Cheers,

Taipan

zebons

Portal Pro
    January 2, 2006
    Hi zebons,

I think that one of the issues that I raised at the beginning of this thread has been overlooked .....

I have the option "Use default film poster as Fanart if not found in Fanart Path" not selected, so that if there is no fanart.jpg for the selected DVD, the standard background picture for the skin (Monochrome) will be displayed.

When I select a DVD that has a corresponding fanart image ("film name.jpg"), it works fine ... :)

However, when I select a DVD that does not have a corresponding fanart image, sometimes the standard background picture for the skin (Monochrome) will be displayed - which is correct. But often, the first file (alphabetically) in the fanart folder (About Schmidt.jpg) is displayed as the fanart instead.

I have also noticed that the fanart image is displayed over the top (overlayed?) of the standard background picture for the skin. The effect of this is that the fanart image is subdued and the graphics of the skin's background is still visible through the fanart. For example, the Monochrome skin background has a line halfway down the screen and this appears through the fanart image, too. Is this intended behavior?

And, I have noticed that sometimes (its not reproducible), the fanart will flash between the correct image and the the first file (alphabetically) in the fanart folder (About Schmidt.jpg) at about a 1 second rate. Moving onto another DVD and then back again often clears the flashing behavior.

Please let me know if you need any log files, or want me to do additional testing ....

Cheers,

Taipan
    Thanks for testing :)
    For the flashing picture bug it'd be fixed with latest dll uploaded (v4.8.0c) on that forum. Do you reproduce the bug with it ?
    For the background overlay, it's a skin issue. Skinners often use common xml file for all plugins and those common ile didnt take into account some functionalities as fanart. With Monochrome skin, background image is declared in the common_xindow.xml file integrared in the MesFilms.xml file with an import function. So if you use the common file, background is always displayed. With Fanart option, it'd be displayed only when no fanart has been found for the movie.
    With skins monochrome files joined, I modify to integrate the common_window.xml file into mine (no implort clause) and add a new visible condition for the background (<visible>!control.hasthumb(1000)</visible> with 1000=ID Fanart control).
    Now background is only displayed when movies don't have a fanart. Pb : if the skinner change the default design of the monochrome skin, it'd not be displayed in MyFilms plugin as it'd not use the standard common.window file...
    I hope to be clear :confused:

Attachments

• Monochrome.rar
      30.6 KB

z3us

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

Yes. The cover bug is now fixed. When I click on it with the mouse, it changes and shows the additional pictures in a small rectangle. But, if I go to update and select "activate current picture as..." (both), nothing happens; the fanart dont change.
    Anyway, zebons, I think that this feature is really useless, and probably noone is using it. I would recommend you to remove it (unless you are using it :D ) I would prefer a option to display a random fanart for these films; probably it would be easier to implement for you.
    Thanks

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    For the flashing picture bug it'd be fixed with latest dll uploaded (v4.8.0c) on that forum. Do you reproduce the bug with it ?
    Yes, the flashing problem seems to be fixed now ... :D

For the background overlay, it's a skin issue. Skinners often use common xml file for all plugins and those common ile didnt take into account some functionalities as fanart. With Monochrome skin, background image is declared in the common_xindow.xml file integrared in the MesFilms.xml file with an import function. So if you use the common file, background is always displayed. With Fanart option, it'd be displayed only when no fanart has been found for the movie.
    With skins monochrome files joined, I modify to integrate the common_window.xml file into mine (no implort clause) and add a new visible condition for the background (<visible>!control.hasthumb(1000)</visible> with 1000=ID Fanart control).
    Now background is only displayed when movies don't have a fanart. Pb : if the skinner change the default design of the monochrome skin, it'd not be displayed in MyFilms plugin as it'd not use the standard common.window file...
    I hope to be clear :confused:
    Yes, your explanation is perfectly clear, and the new Monochrome xmls attached above almost fix the problem - one more line (<visible>!control.hasthumb(1000)</visible>) needs to be added to MesFilmsDetails.xml after the line <texture>menu_slide_background.png</texture>.

However, the problem still exists that when I select a DVD that does not have a corresponding fanart image, often the first file (alphabetically) in the fanart folder (About Schmidt.jpg) is displayed as the background instead of the standard background picture for the skin (Monochrome). I hope that makes sense - if not, I can attach some screen-shots to illustrate the problem, if you wish.

If you want to reproduce this problem, delete about 90% of your fanart images and then step through the DVDs. You will then notice that for the DVDs with no corresponding fanart image, the first fanart image (alphabetically) will be displayed instead of the skin's background image.

Cheers,

Taipan

arryo

Portal Pro
    July 12, 2008
    However, the problem still exists that when I select a DVD that does not have a corresponding fanart image, often the first file (alphabetically) in the fanart folder (About Schmidt.jpg) is displayed as the background instead of the standard background picture for the skin (Monochrome). I hope that makes sense - if not, I can attach some screen-shots to illustrate the problem, if you wish.

If you want to reproduce this problem, delete about 90% of your fanart images and then step through the DVDs. You will then notice that for the DVDs with no corresponding fanart image, the first fanart image (alphabetically) will be displayed instead of the skin's background image.

Cheers,

Taipan

I have the same problem. for me, the first movie with fanart is 21, therefore for the movies that dont have fanart, they will use fanart from the movie 21 as their fanarts

zebons

Portal Pro
    January 2, 2006

Cheers,

Taipan

I have the same problem. for me, the first movie with fanart is 21, therefore for the movies that dont have fanart, they will use fanart from the movie 21 as their fanarts
    Which skin ? which Myfilms plugin version (given in setup) ?

zebons

Portal Pro
    January 2, 2006
    Using the Monochrome skin files that you just posted and the most recent MesFilms.dll (v4.8.0c) that you posted.

I was having the same problem when there were no poster (DVD cover) for a specific movie, I had a bad fanart displayed. I took a look in my fanart directory and found a file corresponding to the movie name but with a wrong picture. So I deleted that file and now all is right. I think it was an old bug corrected in that new version....
    Can you verify and delete bad file in your fanart directory if any ?

arryo

Portal Pro
    July 12, 2008
    Still no luck. It happens to any skin i'm using: B&W 1080, MediaStream., Monochrom.

Oh and one more problem, the search option is no longer working with the latest dll (v0.4.8c)

Using the Monochrome skin files that you just posted and the most recent MesFilms.dll (v4.8.0c) that you posted.

I was having the same problem when there were no poster (DVD cover) for a specific movie, I had a bad fanart displayed. I took a look in my fanart directory and found a file corresponding to the movie name but with a wrong picture. So I deleted that file and now all is right. I think it was an old bug corrected in that new version....
    Can you verify and delete bad file in your fanart directory if any ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom