v4.8.0b - Fanart issue ..... ? (1 Viewer)

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
Still no luck. It happens to any skin i'm using: B&W 1080, MediaStream., Monochrom.

Oh and one more problem, the search option is no longer working with the latest dll (v0.4.8c)

Using the Monochrome skin files that you just posted and the most recent MesFilms.dll (v4.8.0c) that you posted.

I was having the same problem when there were no poster (DVD cover) for a specific movie, I had a bad fanart displayed. I took a look in my fanart directory and found a file corresponding to the movie name but with a wrong picture. So I deleted that file and now all is right. I think it was an old bug corrected in that new version....
Can you verify and delete bad file in your fanart directory if any ?
Which search option !!!
Please be more precise if you want help !

arryo

Portal Pro
July 12, 2008
Zebons, Sorry for not clear. Please look at the screenshot.

the menu is shown, but whenever i click on either of the options, it's not working. it happens with other skins too

3242033777_f36c265411_b.jpg

Still no luck. It happens to any skin i'm using: B&W 1080, MediaStream., Monochrom.

Oh and one more problem, the search option is no longer working with the latest dll (v0.4.8c)

I was having the same problem when there were no poster (DVD cover) for a specific movie, I had a bad fanart displayed. I took a look in my fanart directory and found a file corresponding to the movie name but with a wrong picture. So I deleted that file and now all is right. I think it was an old bug corrected in that new version....
Which search option !!!

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I deleted all the fanart images in the fanart folder, except "About Schmidt.jpg", and there is no change.

I have over 200 DVDs catalogued, and the image "About Schmidt.jpg" now appears as a fanart background for about 80% of all the DVDs, including the correct DVD "About Schmidt". This happens with both Blue3wide and Monochrome skins.

Its easy to reproduce - just have only one fanart image in your fanart folder, and you will see that the same image is used for the correct DVD and is used (incorrectly) for many of the other DVDs .... :confused:

zebons

Portal Pro
    January 2, 2006
    Zebons, Sorry for not clear. Please look at the screenshot.

the menu is shown, but whenever i click on either of the options, it's not working. it happens with other skins too

3242033777_f36c265411_b.jpg

Which search option !!!
    Strange, it"s like the virtual keyboard doesn't work for you anymore (it's working fine for me ...).
    • Do you have changed your MP version (add SVN) ?
    • Do you get errors in your Mediaportal.log ?
    • Does it work as this for all skins ?
    • Does the VK work with other fuctions/plugins ?
    It don't seem to be a MyFilms problem but an MP one....

I deleted all the fanart images in the fanart folder, except "About Schmidt.jpg", and there is no change.

I have over 200 DVDs catalogued, and the image "About Schmidt.jpg" now appears as a fanart background for about 80% of all the DVDs, including the correct DVD "About Schmidt". This happens with both Blue3wide and Monochrome skins.

Its easy to reproduce - just have only one fanart image in your fanart folder, and you will see that the same image is used for the correct DVD and is used (incorrectly) for many of the other DVDs .... :confused:
    I'll change the Fanart function to correct that bug....

Do you think that the option 'Use default Film Poster as Fanart if not found in Fanart Path' is usefull as it display the default cover as fanart when no fanart found and we get in that case a distorded picture ?

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Do you think that the option 'Use default Film Poster as Fanart if not found in Fanart Path' is usefull as it display the default cover as fanart when no fanart found and we get in that case a distorded picture ?
    No, I don't think it is useful (I have that option unchecked) because it distorts the cover image, but other users might find it useful?

Cheers,

Taipan

arryo

Portal Pro
    July 12, 2008
    Strange, it"s like the virtual keyboard doesn't work for you anymore (it's working fine for me ...).
    • Do you have changed your MP version (add SVN) ?
    • Do you get errors in your Mediaportal.log ?
    • Does it work as this for all skins ?
    • Does the VK work with other fuctions/plugins ?
    It don't seem to be a MyFilms problem but an MP one....

* yes, I'm using the latest SVN
    * I don't have errors in log file, it just didn't do anything when i click on any option
    * it's the same for all of my skin
    * yes, VK works with other functions

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom