Various Issues with 1.2b music - Jameson Please help (1 Viewer)

Mr. V

Portal Pro
September 15, 2007
Brisbane
Home Country
Thanks for all your help.

I will upgrade to the latest svn version a bit after i release the skin files for testing. Sounds like it will sort the main issue im having.

The channels and rating arent major issues for me at this stage, but appreciate the update, i guess if any complains about these not working in my skin files i have a good reason and its nothing ive done.

The strings are an issue for my music layout. So i intended to only support the default strings.

Thanks again and thanks for doing such a great job on the music section.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'll just ask real quick if this MePo 1.2 beta issue has been discussed before:

When I start MediaPortal, the music importer seems to work even though no new songs has been added. And when I enter Music (showing Album artist by default), only about 10 artists exist until I go back to Basic Home and then return (then there's about 20 artists) and if I wait even longer then enter Music section most of my artists are showing. I have been thinking that my database has been corrupt etc, but everything seems to show up, but it just takes very long time until everything is showing up.

If I look at the "Recently added music" that's presented by the InfoService plugin, new results are showing up the longer I wait, even though everything has been imported the last time I started MediaPortal.

If this is a known issue with 1.2 beta I'll wait for the RC, but if this is news I'll make a proper post with logs.
    Emph

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    As for ratings I have not been able to figure out what is going on but we are in feature freeze so only critical bug fixes are meant to be added.

You should however be able to fix this by using skin expressions

I guess it should be possible to do something like

Code:
    sub(cint(#music.rating),-1)
    to work around this.

The value was originally intended for populating the 5 stars in an imagelist control (which I think is working fine as 1 is converted to 10% and this will not show as a star)

Can you let me know if this workaround works?

Mr. V

Portal Pro
    September 15, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    As for ratings I have not been able to figure out what is going on but we are in feature freeze so only critical bug fixes are meant to be added.

You should however be able to fix this by using skin expressions

I guess it should be possible to do something like

Code:
    sub(cint(#music.rating),-1)
    to work around this.

The value was originally intended for populating the 5 stars in an imagelist control (which I think is working fine as 1 is converted to 10% and this will not show as a star)

Can you let me know if this workaround works?

In now using 1.2svn rev 28129. Most things are working much better. :D

Had to make some minor changes
    #(sub(cint(#music.rating),1)) works fine, Thankyou.

Will you be incorporating Music Browsing Skin Properties for mymusicplaylist.xml.
    I think i would be great idea to have the artist info update when highlighting a track when in this screen. This is the only thing that isn't working in my skin files as i would like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom