Various problems since upgrade to 1.13 (Sluggish, constant "unable to play" msg, shut offs, etc) (1 Viewer)

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks HTPCS, That's what started this whole thing. Everything was great two weeks ago when using Win 10 Insider Preview, but then I wiped the drive and did Win 10 Retail fresh :(

Thanks for looking out for me tho :)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry, I misread your initial posting.

So let's try to repair your Windows setup first. The reported 80070002 is a common error that requires you to stop the Windows update service, clean the temporary update files and restart the service. Sometimes further elements may be necessary. Microsoft has set up a FixIt for this issue that does all the steps automatically. Runs quick search and you should get a detailed description of the process, including additional manual options.

Once your update function is restored, make sure that Windows can update all its own elements, particularly .NET. Once done give MP another try.

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    Thats some good info, i will do that. i think the Unknown .net error is actually Mouse Without Borders as it happens to crash a few times a week as well.

Let me see what issues I can fix before I wipe it.

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    @mm1352000 do you believe that Unknown .Net error you pointed out could be Mouse Without Boarders? Or is it definitely from an MP related activity?

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    @HTPCSourcer I followed the directions and I ran a Windows Update, it only found Defender definitions. Does not seem it needs any other updates. Video card (the APU) is also up to date, or so says the Catalyst Control Center software.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @mm1352000 do you believe that Unknown .Net error you pointed out could be Mouse Without Boarders? Or is it definitely from an MP related activity?
    I had never heard of "Mouse Without Borders" until you mentioned it. As such, I don't think I'm particularly well qualified to say much more. However what I can say is that the .NET framework is the .NET framework. It's a product/package in itself. As such, I don't see why a .NET error would have anything to do with a completely separate program such as MWB. If you're not sure, you could simply uninstall MWB and see if it makes any difference.

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    MWB is a .NET app. That's why I was asking.

Are any of these errors addressing the "unable to play" error?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    MWB is a .NET app. That's why I was asking.
    Okay.
    From what you've said, both MP and MWB have shown problems recently. Since both apps are dependent on the .NET framework/runtime, this situation could be most simply explained (Occam's razor) by an underlying problem with .NET on the system. It's possible that both MP and MWB have independent issues... but to me that seems far less likely.

Are any of these errors addressing the "unable to play" error?
    Probably not. My earlier advice still stands:
    I certainly agree with Brudertac's recommendation to try disabling all plugins and see if the problem persists. Maybe it's more convenient to use the Watchdog with option 1 (which automatically disables all plugins) to start MediaPortal, and then see if you can play any videos. If you can, you'll know you have a plugin problem on your hands. Then it's just a matter of process of elimination to find out which plugin(s) are causing problems.

Have you done that? If yes, what was the result?

Last edited:

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    Yup. So far it is fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom