Version 2.2 Released! (1 Viewer)

EgoManiac

Portal Member
April 11, 2007
Home Country
when i installed it and it asked for the path, I didn't know what to put so I put in the Mediaportal path. It finished installing but it copied the skin and plugin files to c:\ .. so there was a c:\skin and c:\plugins

I just copied those 2 folders into the mediaportal folder and it all works ok.

Also at the end of installation, I checked the "Launch Mediaportal" but it couldn't find mediaportal.exe, I assume its the same problem as above.

PS. I did it twice and it happened both times. Using Vista 64 Bit.

WalkmanAA

Portal Pro
January 5, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Any feedback on the installer guys?

Selected Series/Episode Info Panel under MP-TV Series View and it installed the default view instead.

Edit: Default view has changed so I just wanted to clarify, selecting info panel installs no series/episode info view instead.

ThaClown

Moderator - Dutch Forums
May 28, 2006
Den Bosch
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Works great, my suggestion would be to ad preview pictures in the config screen, explaining what each selection gives you... (TV-series options, etc.)

I think that, with this kind of installing MP is on its way of being truly more userfriendly...

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Works great, my suggestion would be to ad preview pictures in the config screen, explaining what each selection gives you... (TV-series options, etc.)

I think that, with this kind of installing MP is on its way of being truly more userfriendly...

I second this :)

Psycho Reptile

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2006
    Cambridge, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

I second this :)

I have no idea how to do this using Inno Setup, I'd like to use NSIS but it's way too complicated for me :(

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
    April 11, 2005
    Brussels
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Any feedback on the installer guys?

Selected Series/Episode Info Panel under MP-TV Series View and it installed the default view instead.

Edit: Default view has changed so I just wanted to clarify, selecting info panel installs no series/episode info view instead.

I second this. I tried and retried several of the views and did not get the infopannel. It is not critical but I did like to see in advance how long an episode was for instance. Are we doing something wrong or did this change ?

Attachments

• Default.png
      Default.png
      736.5 KB
    • Info Panel.png
      Info Panel.png
      703.2 KB
    • No Info Panel.png
      No Info Panel.png
      733.8 KB

WalkmanAA

Portal Pro
    January 5, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I second this. I tried and retried several of the views and did not get the infopannel. It is not critical but I did like to see in advance how long an episode was for instance. Are we doing something wrong or did this change ?

The info panel view from the last release will still work with this release which is a temporary workaround. However, I like the new default view so you might want to try that. To get the series/episode information to show up on the default view screen you have to load the formatrules into mp-tv series under "mediaportal display control" . These are located in c:\program files\monochrome\mp-tvseries\logo rules

LXTR

Portal Pro
    November 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

Just a question...

¿Is there (changing something) any way to get this version working on MP 0.2.30.0?
    I'm not able to get MP1 working right on my PC :( ...
    :sorry:

Psycho Reptile

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2006
    Cambridge, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    LXTR, there have been quite a lot of changes to MP in RC1, you could try and replace 0.9.20 with 0.2.3.0 it the references.xml but I don't think you will have much luck. MyWeather for example has changed due to changes in the API.

I tried and retried several of the views and did not get the infopannel. It is not critical but I did like to see in advance how long an episode was for instance. Are we doing something wrong or did this change ?
    Actually there is a bug in the installer, I've released the files seperatedly in another thread as a quick fix for now ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom