[confirm] Very poor VIDEO FPS after powersave, S1 S3 and Turn off monitor (1 Viewer)

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Installing 1.2 final has corrected this problem in almost all situations. There are other smaller bugs but the main show stopper has now gone.

So much for this being an ATI driver bug; it would seem changes to the MP code since MP1.2 RC have done the job, it is a shame that we don't know what was actualy cuasing this problem.

I was so shoked by the cure that i uninstalled final and installed rc to check that I wasn't mad, severe problems with rc but final so much better.

Systems checked.

ATI 8500 CATS 6.11 XPsp3 ;VMR9 exclusive and non exclusive, EVR. Spot on FPS in all tests, The only problem left is sever UI flickering/tearing when VMR9 exclusive used, non exclusive fine. EVR has graph decompose problems with ATI codecs, MPC fine. Turn monitor off fails when VMR9 exclusive used with paused video; non exclusive and EVR fine.

ATI X800, X1950 CATS 10.2 VISTA 32. Only EVR tested, no problems with FPS with all codecs MPC,ATI and MS. The only problem is flickering UI when MS codec used (not a problem with DVD, AVI etc but .TS playback bad )

ATI HD4650 CATS11.8 VISTA 32 Only EVR tested, no FPS problems with MPC codecs, MS codecs have a small drop in FPS from 50 to 47 but not as bad as before.

So overall the improvements are quite dramatic with 1.2 final, I hope this a move towards the excelent performance that 1.1.3 has.

Thanks

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    So much for this being an ATI driver bug; it would seem changes to the MP code since MP1.2 RC have done the job, it is a shame that we don't know what was actualy cuasing this problem.

It must be something else than the changes between RC and final. There simply isn't any changes that would have anything to do with the rendering etc. Hard to sa what it could be if installing 1.2.0 over RC did help.

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Installed 1.2.1 final and the problem is back with the HD4650 but not with the 8500,X800 or X1950.

Very odd.

It is as though MP is conflicting with ATI VSYNC rules ,irrespective of VSYNC settings, as the achieved FPS becomes half the Screen refresh.

Screen refresh set 60 FPS and MP after powersave becomes 30FPS when playing 50FPS video material.

Screen refresh set 75 FPS and MP after powersave becomes 37FPS when playing 50FPS video material.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Installed 1.2.1 final and the problem is back with the HD4650 but not with the 8500,X800 or X1950.

Very odd.

I would say it is not related to 1.2.1 at all - it must be something outside MP itself that causes the issue to popup.

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    This problem has been completly iradicated by using the dshowhelper.dll
    in this thread

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...helper-development.113014/page-10#post-931390

as the problem reared its ugly head in 1.3 alpha and latest test releases.

The standard release dshowhelper.dll has the problem BUT the updated/test dshowhelper.dll v675 cures this when the EnableDWMQueuedMode=1; when set to 0 (ie to run as sandard ) the problem is there again.

There are other benefits of the v675 dll which make it a no-brainer; I thought I would update this thread with a difinite cure for this perplexing problem.

At the time of the initial post of this bug report I didn't/wasn't directed to the original thread for the equivalent 1.2.x dshowhelper so didn't test a fix for these releases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom