VFD Display by NEC: FC20X2JA-AA (5 Viewers)

anymohr

Portal Member
February 13, 2008
Rodgau
Home Country
Germany Germany
Cybermage, I am absolutely thrilled about your driver and your skills!

COM2 and 3 work like they should, RTS and DTR settings are "sticking" and thanks to you my "Detached Bluetooth VFD" works like a dream! Thank you!

I have attached the configuration.log generated with today version of the plugin for you to maybe catch the COM1 issue as well. Good luck hunting!

cybrmage

Portal Pro
May 30, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Cybermage, I am absolutely thrilled about your driver and your skills!

8-}

my "Detached Bluetooth VFD" works like a dream!

COOL!!! That's an implimentation that I would never have thought to try!! If you get some time, I would be reaaly interested in hearing about how you did it.

catch the COM1 issue

According to the extra logging... when you try to use COM1, the OS is returning a "System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the port 'COM1' is denied." error... This means that some other program or service has already opened COM1, so it is not available for use by the plugin.

anymohr

Portal Member
February 13, 2008
Rodgau
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello cybermage!
Sorry for not having replied in such a long time. My real work caught up on me.

Concerning the dettached VFD display I simply used two bluetooth modules that hook up to any serial port and -when configured correctly with a few AT commands- automatically connect to each other and thus build a serial cable replacement.
I used this module on the VFD side: EZURiO
And this one on the PC side: EZURiO
Since those are class1 modules (higher output power) I get a theoretical range of 300m. Well enough for home use.
Very simple, not inexpensive but very effective.

Concerning COM1 I think you are perfectly right. Some application is using COM1 but it seems like it must be Mediaportal (or a plugin) itself occupying COM1 in setup as well as in the main program because I only can not use COM1 when either is running. Could that be? Any idea what this could be?

Cheers,
Alex

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom