Rob Hexenmeister

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 12, 2011
    Slaithwaite
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    Please could I have recommendations for a suitable VFD for installation in a 5.25 bay.

I do prefer the high contrast VFDs to LCD, USB powered if possible. Anyone got any ideas for one with good MP compatibility?

I don't need an IR receiver, just a display. I use IMON on a different machine but only need a display on this one.

Thanks for any suggestions :)
    RH

Stéphane Lenclud

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Please could I have recommendations for a suitable VFD for installation in a 5.25 bay.

In short Teensy with Noritake VFD. I've had one installed for years and it is still working fine. Not using MP much though since my sat provider locked me out.

Be warned it's not easy and I can't recommend attempting that if you are not a gifted software engineer with a lot of time on your hands

Last edited:

Rob Hexenmeister

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 12, 2011
    Slaithwaite
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    I can't recommend attempting that if you are not a gifted software engineer with a lot of time on your hands

Thank you for the ideas Stéphane, unfortunately I am a gifted Chartered Surveyor with no spare time at all, so I am hoping to find something simpler that I can plug to a USB header on the motherboard and use the settings in MiniDisplay. :unsure:

RH

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Strange, USB 3.0 fully compatible with USB 2.0, my iMon remote connected to USB 3.0 port and all work fine without problem. -- Tapatalk | WBR, ajs
    Strange, USB 3.0 fully compatible with USB 2.0, my iMon remote connected to USB 3.0 port and all work fine without problem. --...
    I have a Silvesrtone ML02 case with an IMON LCD display. The motherboard is an Asus E35M1-M Pro and died a couple of days ago, so...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi catavolt, selling this HTPC does not mean that I will no longer be available to the community as a plugin developer. If there are severe problems with the plugins at the moment, I can try to analyze causes and find possible solutions. However, this will currently only have low priority, as I am responsible for employees and...
    Hi catavolt, selling this HTPC does not mean that I will no longer be available to the community as a plugin developer. If there...
    After many years as a MediaPortal supporter and plugin developer I will now have to say goodbye to my beloved HTPC for personal...
    Replies
    Views
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the next release. We allocate about one month for Pre Release testing. In that time we will only fix bugs, after which comes the final release! Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5081] - WatchDog...
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    Just for your information: couldn't find the ns*.tmp file...
    Just for your information: couldn't find the ns*.tmp file...
    Replies
    Views
    Hallo, Since the update to MP1 27 pre, the refresh rate display no longer works correctly. The font is too small and illegible. The display can be reached with "Shift, 1". Andreas
    Hallo, Since the update to MP1 27 pre, the refresh rate display no longer works correctly. The font is too small and illegible. The...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom