VFD Recommendations please (1 Viewer)

Rob Hexenmeister

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 12, 2011
    Slaithwaite
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Please could I have recommendations for a suitable VFD for installation in a 5.25 bay.

I do prefer the high contrast VFDs to LCD, USB powered if possible. Anyone got any ideas for one with good MP compatibility?

I don't need an IR receiver, just a display. I use IMON on a different machine but only need a display on this one.

Thanks for any suggestions :)
    RH

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please could I have recommendations for a suitable VFD for installation in a 5.25 bay.

In short Teensy with Noritake VFD. I've had one installed for years and it is still working fine. Not using MP much though since my sat provider locked me out.

Be warned it's not easy and I can't recommend attempting that if you are not a gifted software engineer with a lot of time on your hands

Last edited:

Rob Hexenmeister

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 12, 2011
    Slaithwaite
    Home Country
    I can't recommend attempting that if you are not a gifted software engineer with a lot of time on your hands

Thank you for the ideas Stéphane, unfortunately I am a gifted Chartered Surveyor with no spare time at all, so I am hoping to find something simpler that I can plug to a USB header on the motherboard and use the settings in MiniDisplay. :unsure:

RH

Rob Hexenmeister

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 12, 2011
    Slaithwaite
    Home Country
    I'm pretty sure this thread is about Vacuum Fluorescent Display
    Stéphane is of course correct. It is the display usage of the VFD acronym that is relevant to my needs. If anyone has any ideas to help, I am still thinking about what to do when I upgrade to Windows 11 and Soundgraph drivers may no longer work, putting my current display into redundancy.

The posts about motors, while interesting in their own sort of educational way, are not going to help me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom