[confirm] Video Database -> no detection of moved or deleted movies (1 Viewer)

MaxMan23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, i created some shares to different movie folders on my hdd. The importer detect the movies. Then i closed MP2.
    After that i moved a movie from one dir to another and open MP2 again. The movie is still in the Database, but could not played (because the movie has a new path).
    So i reimport the shares. The movie is now two times in the Database. The old one (with the wrong path) and the new one (with the correct path).

The Importer does not detect the movement. I think it also does not detect a deleted movie and removes it from the Database.

I dont know how moving pictures is monitoring File changes. Every move, delete or rename of movie files is detected, even if MP is not running. I wish MP2 could handle it in the same way.

There are some wishes for Video / Database :) :
    - Add User Group Rules (MP1)
    - Trailer support (Online Videos)
    - Info about not detected movies and choose them from al list
    - Renaming of films that were correctly identified (on HDD)
    - automatically create .nfo files (and change the actually watched status)

Last edited:

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Thanks for your report. Perhaps you could upload your logs (even if this should be easy to confirm).

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can confirm that already. When adding new files, I am currently removing the shares and readding them. It's not a big deal here since it is only on the test system, where I do not have hundreds nor thousands of media files, yet.

The importer logic, updating and monitoring the shares has several issues and a rework and improvement is on the todo list, but without any estimated time when it will be done. Sorry for that.

Regarding your other points, in general many of those features I also would like to see, but we still need more developers resources for that :confused:

- Trailer support (Online Videos)
    This might help: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/plugin-onlinevideos-for-mediaportal-2-alpha.109555/
    - Info about not detected movies and choose them from al list
    This is not in GUI, yet. But you can check the importer status in Matches.xml, either in TvDB or TheMovieDB folder in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\ or .....\MP2-Server\
    - Renaming of films that were correctly identified (on HDD)
    I guess this will be low priority for being implemented in media library itself, as many people do not want to have media files touch and modified by media center at all. This would be a great task for an additional plugin.
    - automatically create .nfo files (and change the actually watched status)
    A plugin for NFO reading was started, but I am not sure if it is still being developed. NFO writing would perfectly fit in there.
    The watched status as well as other statistics, like import date (i.e. for recently added...) are still missing in media library.

Last edited:

MaxMan23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    :cool: Thanks for your answer Chefkoch. The wishes schould only be things for future integration, whitch schould be in MP2 (little reminder :) ). I know all this needs long time for development. Maybe you can do at first the monitoring like moving pictures does. That would be verry good ;)

Everyone of you is making a good job, especially Morpheus.

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hum, I can't reproduce the problem now with one file only.

MaxMan23 or chefkoch, can you please send some logs for both client and server with the current winter release if the problem still exists ? And if possible, tell me the full filename you're trying to move ?

Thanks.

Smeulf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom