Video player stategy? (1 Viewer)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry to keep banging on about this but here we are 3.5 years later and MP2 is still not capable of playing BD3D:mad:.
    Whilst MP2 has improved considerably in other respects the lack of Madvr integration and or an option to use an external player leaves a big hole. I'm not just talking about commercial players, if we had an external option then the freeware MPC-HC/Madvr could be used to at least play BD3D .mkv/mvc rips. On top of that general Bluray playback (.iso/disks) is still dependant on costly (the free/trial ones aren't updated and are very slow) and legally questionable decoders.
    UHD disks are now a fact of life, what plans are there to play these with MP2? There are at least 2 commercial players that already offer UHD disk playback on a PC.

Come on devs. what's the problem of giving MP2 users and potential users an external player option. I really do not want to have to come back here in another 3.5 years to complain that MP2 still can't play UHD disks, which is why I'm still not using it.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom