[Question] Video Streaming Issue (2 Viewers)

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
I installed Mpextended and Webmediaportal last night on my server and one of my clients.

Everything went well initially, i could see all of my remote media on my server (over LAN) from my client, but when trying to actually play any video i got a streaming error which said i needed a later version of VLC player. I installed the latest v2.0.6 and tried again, but still had the same problem.

Ive tried with both IE and Chrome but get the same result. Am i missing something?

Thanks in advance.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Did you install the VLC browser plugin (on the client)? Do you see a black video player, or only the error message?

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    Hmm, no i dont think so. I had a quick look at the VLC browser extensions available for chrome and all i see are VLC Remote and VLC for Youtube. Are either of these what i need?

Last edited:

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    Ok, so ive now reinstalled VLC and made sure that web plugin was ticked and it looks like its attempting to play the video now, but im getting the following error...

Untitled_zps58ed04f5.jpg

Looks like a streaming issue on my server side, though if Webmediaportal can see the movies/database im not really sure why the its acting like the video file isnt there?

Ive installed the latest version of Flash player, are there any other requisites that i need? Also, how do i collect log files for MPextended?

Thanks again for any help.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the files that im trying to access are on a shared drive, but the video file databases dont point to the mapped address. I understand this should be ok in this version of Extended?

Last edited:

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I can't say anything about this error without seeing your logs (and I can answer next Wednesday at its earliest).

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the files that im trying to access are on a shared drive, but the video file databases dont point to the mapped address. I understand this should be ok in this version of Extended?
    Correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom