VideoLAN external player plugin (1 Viewer)

didilalalamp

Portal Member
October 3, 2007
black screen

here is my setup, winxp sp2 mp curent stable release. my tv out is set to extand desktop and MP to open on the tv only, has i already know MP does not 100% handle correctly video full screen on the second screen in this particular setup but I had hope that this plugin would sovle this issue. so the medaillon screen video is ok but full screen is black like the internal video engine from Mp.I found out that after initial startup of mp if I switch from fullscreen(MP app) to window mode then back to full I would be able to get fullscreen video from there(MP internal engine).if those infos can help to emprove this plugin I would be very happy to get my setup more friendly user. note VLC lunched as external app from the ''VIDEO player'' setting in MP settings instead of the plugins, do get me fullscreen video but of course leave me with an extra app window open after the video and no RC controll via MP unless I remotly use the mouse cursor.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

drowhunter

Portal Pro
April 29, 2006
Toronto, Ontario
Hello, I love your plugin. I love the way it seamlessley integrates vlc into MP.
However one thing prevents me from being able to use it full time.

It seems that when I push my keyboard to skip forward or back, it receives double presses.

Makes it impossible to navigate. Is there a reason for this.

If i use vlc as an external player without the plugin. (with the command line)

All the keys work fine.

CrashnBrn

Portal Member
February 12, 2008
Chicago
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I seem to be having a problem with this plug-in. I followed the instructions, but when I play a video file all I get is audio and no video (black screen). Copied the dll and ran the installed, and enabled the plug-in and choose all video and audio.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Ok for some reason the only way I can get video to show up is if I click the more info button on the remote a few times? Or if I start right clicking. Any ideas as to why this might be happening?

CrashnBrn

Portal Member
February 12, 2008
Chicago
Home Country
Attached is the log. I don't if there are any errors in there though. I tried the VLC plug-in on another computer with the same exact results.

Thanks.

moiristo

Portal Pro
November 17, 2006
Enschede
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
No errors there... I think it's got something to do with setting the size of the VLC video frame. I'll see what I can do.

CrashnBrn

Portal Member
February 12, 2008
Chicago
Home Country
No errors there... I think it's got something to do with setting the size of the VLC video frame. I'll see what I can do.

Awesome! I love the plug-in but it's annoying that I need to press more info twice in order to get it to work. I wonder why it's twice, and if I hit it three times none of the buttons work until I press more info again. If I am not using a remote I need to right click a few times in order to get the picture to appear.

Oh and is there a way to set how much it forwards? Because 5mins is a bit to much when watching tv shows.

Edit: Last question I promise! Is there a way to switch between audio streams or subtitles?

Thanks again!:D

Joon4s

Portal Member
February 29, 2008
Hello, and thank you for kickass plugin. Your plugin inspired me to build a HTPC. All I have is one problem/question. I watch widescreen content with their normal aspect ratio, but 4:3 (and similar video that leaves black bars on the sides) I stretch to fill the screen. Is there a way to stretch these 4:3 videos automatically fullscreen, or do I have to do it manually? If it's done manually, can I change the ratio from MCE remote? Just ordered it few days ago, so I haven't had time to test it yet.

EDIT:
I don't want to put it in source aspect ratio, because most of my videos are widescreen.

Target32

Portal Member
February 1, 2008
Ontario
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hello, I love this plugin as it allows me to watch movies with the .h264 file extension. I have the same problem as others though, navigating within a file is nearly impossible, fast forward jumps huge time periods and rewind causes the file to stop dead.

Other than that I much prefer this to the default player in MP due to the extra file support. Is there anything I can do to change this?

sbumba

February 26, 2008
Hi moiristo!
I tried your plugin and it works very well for udp stream. Great work!

Now I'm trying to catch rtsp stream from a Vod Server.
I can play it from vlc standalone interface ( rtsp://ipaddress:port/video.ts )
But I can't from embedded vlc in MediaPortal.

I've seen with wireshark sniffer that the RTSP requests are ok (SETUP, OPTIONS, DESCRIBE, PLAY) and the stream start to come to me successfully. The stream continues arriving for exactly 10sec (maybe a vlc Timeout) and then it stops with a "TEARDOWN" RTSP command from vlc, but during this period I can't see anything in the graphic context.

Have you any idea?
Thanks you very much

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom