videos and movies dont play but tv does?? (1 Viewer)

rob whittaker

Portal Member
February 28, 2012
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi guys.

Sorry to bother you but I'm stuck. my win10 pc just updated itself and now I cant play videos however, TV still works fine. I have tried updating to the newest version of mediaportal and uninstalling and then installing LAV pack but doesn't seem to fix it.
I've attached my logs (which I don't have the expertise to interpret unfortunately). I suspect that rolling back the update will resolve it for the moment but would prefer not to.

Any help would be much appreciated!

mm1352000

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 1, 2008
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Country flag
    Hi Rob

The log files don't seem to show the problem. I only see you opening MP... and that's it. I don't see any attempts to play any videos.

Please can you try to provide new log files.

rob whittaker

Portal Member
    February 28, 2012
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    That's the gist of what's happening unfortunately. When I go to play a video mediaportal hangs but if I'm playing tv in the background the tv continues to play and mediaportal never closes itself and never realises it's hung. In my quest to resolve this Windows is now behaving strangely so I'm going to rebuild it. If mediaportal continues to act strangely after the rebuild I will reply again to this thread.

mm1352000

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 1, 2008
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Country flag
    Before you rebuild, I suggest you try temporarily disabling AVAST and/or any other security software you run. Time and again I've seen problem reports that are caused by over-zealous security software.

Might also want to check your hardware. Windows system log shows a bunch of these entries:
    "29/06/2017 17:53:41";"Disk";"(0)";"Error";"The device, \Device\Harddisk3\DR3, has a bad block.";"3221487623"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    A MP2.2.2, understanding movies/videos/tv and WTV recordings. General 16
    stirlinghart [no Bug] Video glitches after pausing/rewinding/fastfording movies - tv is ok 2.2 Archive 4
    W [solved] MP 1.20 Video IMDB no showing plot General Support 129
    hounddog How to get My Films working in MP 1.20 My Films 5
    N [not reproducible] Online videos not working at all Submit: Bug Reports 1
    R Bug: Video Folders disappear General Support 11
    Stephen O'Kane [SOLVED] TV Stream stuttering - both Video and Audio Watch / Listen Media 14
    B some music videos stutter Watch / Listen Media 0
    I 1.25.0 Videos in HEVC UHD 2160p don't play good watch/edit Videos 8
    CanadianEh MP TV server rebuild with Colossus 2 - Kodi clients receive PMT error when playing videos recoreded by Colossus 2 TV-Server 1
    Rob Hexenmeister Skinning Online Videos question OnlineVideos 2
    A [solved] How to Play All Videos in a List watch/edit Videos 3
    O 1.25.0 Codecs and Video Format for PlayStation 2 Codecs, External Players 0
    g0rsq Info box randomly popping up when watching TV or other video MediaPortal 2 Newcomers Forum 1
    I Video Playback Stuttering General Support 45
    B some videos jerky Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 0
    B MP 2.2.3 Error playing videos from NAS Submit: Bug Reports 2
    T Kurze Tonaussetzter bei Videos und TV Allgemeines Supportforum 1
    mrmojo666 [Tv Server Plugin ]Direct Show Video Control Plugin 0.0.0.1 for Hauppauge PVR cards MediaPortal 1 Plugins 0
    ajs [Proposal] Video embedded cover MediaPortal 1 1
    G [solved] Black Screen on all videos after upgrading to either 1.23 or 1.24 from 1.22 General Support 4
    H random black screen live tv and videos (amended) General Support 0
    404 [solved] Live TV...video and audio freeze General Support 20
    R kein Ton bei TV, Video, Aufnahme, Musik Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 0
    U [solved] Dynamic Refresh Rate for 23fps video Watch / Listen Media 1