videos and movies dont play but tv does?? (1 Viewer)

rob whittaker

Portal Member
February 28, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi guys.

Sorry to bother you but I'm stuck. my win10 pc just updated itself and now I cant play videos however, TV still works fine. I have tried updating to the newest version of mediaportal and uninstalling and then installing LAV pack but doesn't seem to fix it.
I've attached my logs (which I don't have the expertise to interpret unfortunately). I suspect that rolling back the update will resolve it for the moment but would prefer not to.

Any help would be much appreciated!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Rob

The log files don't seem to show the problem. I only see you opening MP... and that's it. I don't see any attempts to play any videos.

Please can you try to provide new log files.

rob whittaker

Portal Member
    February 28, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    That's the gist of what's happening unfortunately. When I go to play a video mediaportal hangs but if I'm playing tv in the background the tv continues to play and mediaportal never closes itself and never realises it's hung. In my quest to resolve this Windows is now behaving strangely so I'm going to rebuild it. If mediaportal continues to act strangely after the rebuild I will reply again to this thread.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Before you rebuild, I suggest you try temporarily disabling AVAST and/or any other security software you run. Time and again I've seen problem reports that are caused by over-zealous security software.

Might also want to check your hardware. Windows system log shows a bunch of these entries:
    "29/06/2017 17:53:41";"Disk";"(0)";"Error";"The device, \Device\Harddisk3\DR3, has a bad block.";"3221487623"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom