Videos do not start playing on first attempt, always have to press play twice (1 Viewer)

Terra

Portal Pro
August 25, 2009
Home Country
Austria Austria
Hi There,

So I have a strange problem since a while, when trying to play a video (pressing play), the screen very shortly goes black and then I am back in the menu. Then I need to press play again and the video starts playing without any issues. I think it usually happens when the PC comes back from standby but I also saw it happening on other occasions.

This is especially annoying when I started watching a video already and want to continue, when this happens MP forgets where I stopped the video before.

Logs attached.
This time it happened between 2019-04-27 10:54 and 2019-04-27 10:55
Can anyone help?

Attachments

• 2019.04.27_Logs.zip
    41.5 KB

Terra

Portal Pro
August 25, 2009
Home Country
Austria Austria
It happened 2 times today after I installed 1.22 Final and after waking from standby
I collected the logs in DEBUG Mode afterwards, please find attached!

Attachments

• _MediaPortalLogs_30_04_19__21_02.zip
    693.2 KB
  • _MediaPortalLogs_30_04_19__19_23.zip
    521.8 KB

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I suspect it has something to do with this (just after playback starts in the MP log):

Code:
    [2019-04-30 19:22:56,203] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - Main: Audio Renderer DENON-AVR (Intel(R) Display Audio) removed

As an experiment, turn off (untick) 'Stop playback on removal of an audio renderer' (it's ticked in the image below)

upload_2019-5-1_7-33-8.png

Terra

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    As an experiment, turn off (untick) 'Stop playback on removal of an audio renderer' (it's ticked in the image below)

I tried this and the effect was that MP crashes now when I press the play button after the PC wakes from sleep.
    First the video starts when pressing play but instantly has heavy stuttering, GUI stops responding and then MP just freezes. I have to kill it with the taskmanager then.
    Therefore I set this setting now back as this behaviour is worse :(

I attached 2 logs when this happened:

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_04_05_19__14_02_crash_after_resume_with_audioconfig.zip
      476.9 KB
    • MediaPortalLogs_06_05_19__18_12_crash_after_resume_with_audioconfig.zip
      653.7 KB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    It seems to be related to audio removal stuff that doesn't work correctly and the workaround seems to break things here (for Intel) :(
    I can't reproduce here :( and it's maybe related to 4K resolution.
    Can you try to set up your pc to 1920x1080 and try? to see if it does the same ?
    Thanks.

Terra

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Can you try to set up your pc to 1920x1080 and try? to see if it does the same ?
    I will try it on the weekend!

Try enabling 'Use workaround FCU blackscreen fix' (in Startup/Resume settings, see above).
    Should I test this together with the "Stop playback on removal of an audio renderer" option checked or unchecked?
    And, what does "FCU" stand for? :)

atlantic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 9, 2008
    Rennes
    Home Country
    France France
    This problem seems solved in my htpc since I unchecked "stop playback on removal audio".
    I precise that "Use workaround FCU blackscreen fix" is enable too.
    Thanks (y)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom