[further infos missing] (Videos Plugin) When navigating over several videos info is shown for all videos. (1 Viewer)

practicalmagic

January 11, 2014
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Home Country
Australia Australia
In the Videos plugin in List layout, when navigating over many videos using down and up arrows on keyboard or page up/down keys, the media information will try to display info for every video that has been highlighted. This means that if you navigate over several videos (20 or so in less than a second) it will play catch up, showing the media information for every video that was highlighted. This results in the ratings, date of release, runtime etc shuffling for several seconds (up to 10) after a video has been selected (navigation has stopped). Would it be possible to avoid this? I'm thinking not triggering the media info update until a button up event has been received instead of doing it for every item change event.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi and welcome practicalmagic,

I'm unable to reproduce this.
    As soon as i keep ArrowDown pressed, it runs through all entries in the list. When i let it go, the movie info of the selected movie is shown.

Did you run an import before starting up? Are your movies all in the database? What view did you use (Title or Shares)?
    logs (and a screenshot?) might also help. ;)

sover

Portal Pro
    April 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Maybe I have the same issue with movies. I have many folders which contains movie file and folder.jpg (size is near 1.5mb)
    When i navigate through these folders list MP is freeze. Maybe it try to read each folder.jpg file.

Joseph Crowell

January 13, 2014
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I have one large folder with many movies and many .srt files. I am currently doing a clean installation. I think the fact that I didn't install the latest MySql when upgrading might have something to do with it.

Last edited:

sover

Portal Pro
    April 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    I have one large folder with many movies and many .srt files. I am currently doing a clean installation. I think the fact that I didn't install the latest MySql when upgrading might have something to do with it.
    U may install new MYSQL without reinstalling MP. I did so and have no problems. Try to find the manual on forum.

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    I know what troubles you and I fixed (+ including this) that long time before but unfortunately patch will need to wait because of changes in internal plugins handling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom