Videos screen. Preview picture horizontaly squashed. (1 Viewer)

PulsatingQuasar

Portal Member
June 24, 2006
Why is the preview picture in the Videos part of the skin horizontaly squashed? There is a lot of room between the list of videos and the preview picture but that doesn't seem te be used.

Can this be changed? I see this with the few other skins I have tried so far too. This seems really weird to me. The preview picture is really, really squashed.

If this is because of the few labels that are there at the bottom which tell you what type of video it is then please move it underneath the preview picture or put the preview picture in the back and the labels in front at the bottom of the picture.

That's the biggest visual problem I have with Mediaportal.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Post screenshot please.

Press "Print Screen" then close MePo and open MS Paint and click paste, then save, then upload the image to your forum post.

Last edited:

PulsatingQuasar

Portal Member
    June 24, 2006
    Here's the screenshot. Also, the labels only appear after pressing play on the video. Not when it's never been played. Which seems weird too.

Attachments

• Titan.jpg
      Titan.jpg
      343.2 KB
    Last edited:

sbourdon

Portal Member
    July 10, 2012
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hello,

I have the same problem and I can confirm that thumbnails look vertically stretched in defaultwide skin as well.
    Any suggestions?

Thank you!

PulsatingQuasar

Portal Member
    June 24, 2006
    I see this problem still exists in version 1.4.0.

Can someone pleeeeeaaaaase put this in as an issue and fix it for version 1.5.0. This is also squashed for the default wide skin.

Can I ask a question? Not to be negative here but before a version is released and you create the install is there actually someone that goes through different screens to look for obvious issues? Because if I do a clean install and either select the Titan skin or Default Wide it is really, really obvious the thumbnail is horizontally squashed so I'm wondering why this issue still exists?

This is after a default install:

Attachments

• Squashy.jpg
      Squashy.jpg
      178.5 KB
    Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It's because skin designers optimized preview panel for poster layout and didn't use keep aspect ratio flags.

MP Config - GUI - Thumbnails
    Set video thumbnail to: 1 column x 2 (or) 2x5
    Click Clear existing video thumbnails.

2x5 will look the best with 16:9 video

@Designers - I see a couple of options

1. Change xml code
    2. Set default video thumbnail to 1col x 2row

Last edited:

PulsatingQuasar

Portal Member
    June 24, 2006
    I have tried this for both Titan and Default Wide but the thumbs remain the same. Also used the clear thumb cache button.

Also I can only go up to 3 for either columns or rows.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom