Videos screen. Preview picture horizontaly squashed. (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    oh apologies for editing tagged post, my bad :([DOUBLEPOST=1373705519][/DOUBLEPOST]i just tested it works for video thumbnails 1col x 2rows (unfortunately you can't have >3rows)
    If you have folder.jpg in wrong AR then that is a different problem

Last edited:

PulsatingQuasar

Portal Member
    June 24, 2006
    OK, I see what this does now. I just get 2 thumbnails in the same space. I would like to have 1 thumbnail.

What I was hinting at was making use of the large amount of space which isn't used to create a 16:9 thumbnail. The space between the thumbnail and the list of dirs/vids. Which then also makes the thumbnail larger which not only looks better but also actually tells you something when sitting 3 meters away from a 32 inch tv.

So I'm going back to 1 thumbnail and just hope the area the thumbnail uses gets larger and changed to 16:9 or a wide ratio. The 2 screenshots I posted show what I mean. There is just a large amount of space between the thumbnail and the list which isn't used. This also makes the thumbnail look weird on a wide screen TV. I mean wide screen TV, wide skin, wide media.....squached thumbnail.

Last edited:

PulsatingQuasar

Portal Member
    June 24, 2006
    You mean, editing an XML file?

OK, I think I found the XML sections I need to change. Let me show you what I would like .

Last edited:

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    <keepaspectratio>yes</keepaspectratio>
    <zoomfromtop>yes</zoomfromtop>

Will keep the area filled but will obviously be blurry on most thumbs but leaving zoom tag off will usually give you black bars top and bottom.

Actually if you leave zoom off you will just get a small thumbnail but in correct aspect with the only problem being that normal covers will vary in fullsize.

Last edited:

PulsatingQuasar

Portal Member
    June 24, 2006
    OK, not done yet but this is the idea. Maybe make the list a little wider and the thumbnail smaller.

For the Titan skin I changed the file: myvideo.views.default.xml

Changed the Default Cover Art, Folder Back Cover Art and Cover Art to a thumbnail size of 800x480

Attachments

• NoSquashy.jpg
      NoSquashy.jpg
      342.8 KB
    • nosquash2.jpg
      nosquash2.jpg
      354.3 KB
    Last edited:

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Have you looked at movies with actual coverart now ?

PulsatingQuasar

Portal Member
    June 24, 2006
    Have you looked at movies with actual coverart now ?

No, I don't have that. Never used it. I have video's. Maybe this is just different ways people use Mediaportal. But for me this makes sense.

I don't know how MediaPortal internals work but maybe it can change the thumbnail display based on coverart or created thumbnail?

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    <keepaspectratio>yes</keepaspectratio>
    <zoomfromtop>yes</zoomfromtop>

Will keep the area filled but will obviously be blurry on most thumbs but leaving zoom tag off will usually give you black bars top and bottom.

Actually if you leave zoom off you will just get a small thumbnail but in correct aspect with the only problem being that normal covers will vary in fullsize.

I would use the following
    keepaspectratio = true
    valign = top
    align = left
    height = 563 (unchanged)
    width = 500 (ie. wider)

This will result in exactly the same view with movie posters, but 16x9 preview thumbs will have correct AR with adequate height.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom