Videos won't play... also have MySQL errors (1 Viewer)

gdavey

December 2, 2010
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.2
MediaPortal Skin: Blue
Windows Version: XP SP3
CPU Type: Dual Core Intel Pentium D 950 3400 Mhz
HDD: many
Memory: 1GB
Motherboard: GF7050V-M7
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7050 / NVIDIA nForce 610i
Video Card Driver: DriverVersion : 6.14.11.6391
Sound Card: integrated
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Hauppage 1600
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: direct show (k-lite codec pack isntalled)
MPEG2 Audio Codec: direct show (k-lite codec pack installed)

Every time I try to play a video, nothing happens and media portal freezes. ihave to use task manager to kill the process. strangely, task manager does not show a cpu spike at all. i did have issues during installation, and I have reinstalled. my issues are around the tv server and mysql database. i get an error when I try to do the tv server test: Connection Failed: Host 'movietime.home' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server. I manually logged in via the mysql command line and was able to login no problem. Obviously, something wrong there though... not sure why the TV server would be related to just watching videos.

Also, I noted that in the background, I can hear the video start to play (audio only), but it stops after just a few seconds. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times... never a clean install due to mysql never working right due to the connection issue.

thanks for any help, I'm excited to get this working if possible!

-Dave

ianc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2007
    wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    How about installing without the tv option first. This will avoid the MYSQL error and perhaps give you a clean install.

On the video playing issue - sounds like a Codec problem if u have sound but no pic. Has the configuration ever worked? Can you play the video files in WMP?

The MYSQL issue could be cause by your firewall - are you using one other than Windows supplied? Although being able to login manually would suggest the is ok.

Backstep for a minute - your logs suggest you are using MS SQLServer not MYSQL. is SQLServer installed and did u pick that config option?

gdavey

December 2, 2010
    could've sworn I selected mysql. not ms sql. doesn't explain the video issue though. media player classic and windows media player 11 both play the dvd folders just fine. it's only a problem when running through media portal.

I'm going to blow it away and reinstall. i'll keep you posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom