Retired Team Member
- October 28, 2008
- Home Country
- United Kingdom
This plugin is included in MP 1.5.0 and later versions
Since the current ViewModeSwitcher plugin is not fully compatible with MP 1.4.0, and has a few long-standing issues/problems, I decided it was time to update it and improve it
- Auto (continuous) black bar detection capabilty - updated every second
- Improved black bar analysis and sanity checking - to reduce mis-detections
- A 'maximise' crop option (allows up to 12% to be cropped off the 'picture' to increase the black bar cropping)
- Black bar detection mode toggle and single-shot detection using key mappable 'actions'
- Allows user override of view mode when video playing
- More flexible handling of '4:3 inside 16:9' (pillarbox) and '16:9 inside 4:3' (letterbox) video
Sources are now in MP1 master branch - https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1/tree/master/mediaportal/ProcessPlugins/ViewModeSwitcher - so will be a standard part of MP 1.5.0 onwards.