ViewModeSwitcher plugin (Version 0.3) (1 Viewer)

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

is this thread/Plugin still up to date? I just enabled the plugin from default installation, but can't find any options (Check interval, Black level tolerance,...) regarding black bar detection (like displayed at some hardcopys)?!? o_O

The installter from first post doesn't work with 1.3, too.

I'm a little bit confused: Is the Version delivered with 1.3 a different one without black bar detection?

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just a quick note - because of some things in VMS that don't work properly with MP 1.3.0/1.4.0, I'm working on updating VMS - when I've got something to test I'll start a new thread (probably in Area 51, since VMS is now a standard plugin in MP).

toga67

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Owlsroost,
    thanks a lot for working on updating VMS.
    Would it be possible to add a manually triggerd letterbox detection to the plugin? At the moment the letterbox detection works only (if enabled) after switching a channel. But if you stay on the same channel (i only talk form HD channels) and after some time the "black bar movie" starts there is no letter box detection anymore. So if we could Trigger (e.g. with the key F4) a manually black bar detection that would be great. Furtheron a toggle mode would be great to switch back to the original aspect Ratio.
    Would this be possible?
    Thanks in advance.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Owlsroost,
    thanks a lot for working on updating VMS.
    Would it be possible to add a manually triggerd letterbox detection to the plugin? At the moment the letterbox detection works only (if enabled) after switching a channel. But if you stay on the same channel (i only talk form HD channels) and after some time the "black bar movie" starts there is no letter box detection anymore. So if we could Trigger (e.g. with the key F4) a manually black bar detection that would be great. Furtheron a toggle mode would be great to switch back to the original aspect Ratio.
    Would this be possible?
    Thanks in advance.

Most of that is already in the update :) , plus an 'auto' (check every second) black bar detection mode (selectable on a per rule basis, e.g. so you can enable it for SD but not HD if you want to).[DOUBLEPOST=1370892558][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Can VMS be altered so it does a controllable amount of nonlinear stretch or zoom? or both? ;)

Not at present - the actual zoom modes are part of MP core, so a plug-in can't add that functionallity (AFAIK). It could be done I think, but that is a separate problem/modification.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I notice you can already crop, I don't know what method you use, but if MP was set to view mode = normal, and we applied crop to only 2 sides that would achieve the same as a variable zoom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom