ViewModeSwitcher plugin (Version 0.3) (2 Viewers)

C

cYbton

Works almost perfect.
When switching to gui and back to video the plugin doesn't work - the standard rule execute.
Is there a solution?

(Ok, has been settled, I'm now on IFC)

cecet23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Perugia
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Sorry but it doesn.t work for me, after using mp I lost all rules...

I tried ifc but it cause a lot of stutter for me... Is there a solution for this plugin?

redmist

Portal Member
    June 10, 2011
    Home Country
    Any reason why this plugin is included with MP 1.2? It doesn't seem to work.

EDIT: Working now...not sure what I was doing wrong.

FillR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 16, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

I'm a great fan of this plugin for a long time now. Unfortunatly, I've switched to MP 1.2.2 and the plugin is not supported and doesn't work anymore (I get a black screen).

Is there any plan to port it to MP 1.2.2+ ?

I've tried IFC, but it seems a bit more complex and seems to increase my CPU usage (not sure about that).

Thanks for any answer.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    No one has told us it is broken, and as far as I'm aware of no changes to player would cause this to break.

I must admit to being a fan of IFC, even at its default settings, I personally do not play with the black bar scanner settings.

toga67

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: ViewModeSwitcher plugin (Version 0.3)

I also get an black screen when i enable the option "Show message when rule is applied (good for testing)".
    If i disable this option everything works fine.
    It would be great if this bug could be fixed.
    Thanks in advance.

toga67

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    i like the ViewModeSwitcher plugin very much, because it is easy to use and it works out of the box. Also the black bar scanner works great. The only disadvantage is that the black bar scanner for HD content is only active after switching the channel. If you stay on the same channel and the tv content changes from 16:9 to 4:3 then the video will not be cropped left and right. It is even more worse if the 4:3 content was cropped by the black bar scanner and afterwards the next tv show is in 16:9. to correct this you always have to switch the channel and switch back again.
    I understand that always scanning the video for black bars is to cpu intensive and makes no sense. But what about triggering an black bar scan if the info key of the remote (or y key on the Keyboard) is pressed? So the user could steer the black bar scan by himself whithout switching the channels. Additional it also would be great if the scan triggers automatically if the EPG title of the tv show changes because this is a good indicator that there is a new black bar scan needed.
    It would be great if a developer could add this features. Perhaps it is very easy to implement :)

P.S. Where can i find the source code of the plugin? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom