ViewModeSwitcher plugin (Version 0.3) (1 Viewer)

robhawk

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 20, 2008
    Thuringia
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for a great, really useful plugin, but....

I've recently found a problem when using the 'overscan' setting in a rule.

It appears to work correctly in the vertical direction, cropping the top and bottom and then expanding the remainder to fill the screen.

In the horizontal direction it looks like it applies the cropping but doesn't expand the remainder - or maybe it expands the picture and then applies the cropping to the expanded picture - it's hard to tell. The effect is a picture with vertical black bars at the edges...

Logs and a screen capture showing the problem - to exagerate/show the issue this is with an 'overscan' setting of 100 pixels. It's 720 x 576 16:9 video at 'normal' zoom ratio, and the effect is the same fullscreen or windowed. I just use the plugin to provide zoom mode switching and overscan - not letterbox detection etc.

I'm running MP 1.0.2/Vista32/EVR renderer to a 1920x1080p display.

Has anyone else noticed this ?

Tony

I also have this problem. Exact same setup as you. 720 x 576 16:9 video, 'normal' zoom ratio, MP 1.0.2/Vista32/EVR renderer to a 1920x1080p display.

I only use 5 pixel overscan so I can't say it's a major issue for me (it still does the job of cleaning up the edges of the image), but it would be nice to get it sorted!

Did your read chemelli`s answer?

Check out which version you use. You need 0.3.2.

Peter_1982

Portal Member
    July 19, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

i use the plugin to stretch 4:3 video films and i works almost great. But i have one problem :

I start playing f.e. an Simpsons episode, and the plugin streches, everything fine.
    Then i start playing another Simpson episode, same width & heigt, and the plugin "fall back to normal".
    And another time i play the same episode, it streches fine ?

Because i use the plugin to stretch video films, my settings for width & height are diffrent from the examples in the Thread.

Settings :

Attachments

• Settings.png
      Settings.png
      68.1 KB

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

i use the plugin to stretch 4:3 video films and i works almost great. But i have one problem :

I start playing f.e. an Simpsons episode, and the plugin streches, everything fine.
    Then i start playing another Simpson episode, same width & heigt, and the plugin "fall back to normal".
    And another time i play the same episode, it streches fine ?

Because i use the plugin to stretch video films, my settings for width & height are diffrent from the examples in the Thread.

Settings :

Peter, enable verbose logging in the plugin and read mediaportal logs to see why it switched. I think you can find your answer there.

I REALY LOVE THIS PLUGIN! ===> Great for WAF! <=== :D

nickastaldo

Portal Member
    December 15, 2007
    Mine is kind of doing the same thing. I have my episodes of SpongeBob set up to play one episode after the other. Well, ViewModeSwitcher will switch to stretch on the first episode, but when the next episode starts playing, it'll revert back to 'normal' for the rest of them. I checked the log, but the only thing that I notice is that viewmodeswither isn't appearing for the additional files. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks for any help.

-Nick

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    ViewModeSwitcher - only for TV?

one quick question:
    is WMS-Plugin active on live TV (or recordings = .ts files) or at watching Video files also? :confused:

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    On a AMD Phenom X3 8450???? :eek:

yes, only on principle ;) I would prefer, but it is not esssential. e.g. my 1080i home video does not need to be scanned for black bars.

The IntelligentFrameCorrection Plugin has a checkbox for this. But I like this plugin, using for about a year with huge WAF and DAF (doughter acceptance factor: she says immediately "daddy make the picture big please" in case of 4:3 picture because of some test setup of mine)

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    On a AMD Phenom X3 8450???? :eek:

yes, only on principle ;) I would prefer, but it is not esssential. e.g. my 1080i home video does not need to be scanned for black bars.

With the rules you can control this blackbar scanning. You can then exclude high resolutions. On my setup i have no problems with it. IFC can do much more but it's more in developing status.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom