Views, Filters accessibility (1 Viewer)

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Re: Views, Filters accessibility

That would require another skin page - and I am not sure, how much sense that would make.
    If you're trying to make it really easy, I would suggest you define a profile for each selection you want to offer (they all can base on same DB) - and let your mother in law just let select from those. Each profile can have whatever you want, like view, filter, etc.

Then assigning remote button to "profile selection" would offer a list of whatever you have defined/configured, like
    - "western movies"
    - "All movies with Heinz Rühmann"
    . ...

How do you assign a remote button to "profile selection" ?
    I dont see any ID's to be mapped concerning MyFilms in Windows - MediaPortal Wiki

Happy new year :)
    Hi mbb,
    happy new year 4u2 :)
    Re button assignment: No, that would have to be implemented to be handled in MyFilms.
    But you might check, if Issue 88 might be a good solution - this would always return to configs you can define when you return - so assigning different Views to different configs would make those accessible - and the menu to choose them will always show up, when you go back.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    How do you assign a remote button to "profile selection" ?
    I dont see any ID's to be mapped concerning MyFilms in Windows - MediaPortal Wiki

Happy new year :)
    Happy New Year mbb!
    You are correct, MediaPortal does not provide the option to configure remotes for plugin windows (let alone configs/profiles), only MP windows. It is a request I have often heard/read. However, if the Config menu Guzzi mentioned doesn't meet your needs, you might check out:
    1. Generic Keyboard Remote Input Plugin (KeyboardInputPlugin)
    2. in My Films 5.2 you can use Hyperlink Parameters on Basic Home screens to open MyFilms to a specific view/config.

mbb

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2004
    Home Country
    France France
    Re: AW: Views, Filters accessibility

Hi mbb,
    I just tested your config/catalog here on my test environment and it works fine and imho as expected - I can select the custom views, you created and get the persons (and related movies) displayed.
    You have V5.2.0.1755 - it is possible, that there had been applied fixes after that - so you could test a current version (PM) or wait for public 5.2 version...

I did some more tests with version 5.2.0.1851. but still the same problem.

The result is : "Always display menu" works well with all views (actor, year, ...) until there are more than 1 value in Default Value :(

I tried to cheat by creating a view actors without default values and add a filter "like in" with the list of my favourite actors but ...

I obtained the list of all actors present in the same films than my favourite actors

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Re: AW: Views, Filters accessibility

Hi mbb,
    I just tested your config/catalog here on my test environment and it works fine and imho as expected - I can select the custom views, you created and get the persons (and related movies) displayed.
    You have V5.2.0.1755 - it is possible, that there had been applied fixes after that - so you could test a current version (PM) or wait for public 5.2 version...

I did some more tests with version 5.2.0.1851. but still the same problem.

The result is : "Always display menu" works well with all views (actor, year, ...) until there are more than 1 value in Default Value :(
    Yes, the multiple values are only supported in the userdefined views definitions.
    I tried to cheat by creating a view actors without default values and add a filter "like in" with the list of my favourite actors but ...
    The approach is right - create a userdefined view - but add the actors commaseparated in the value field.

I obtained the list of all actors present in the same films than my favourite actors
    Ah, ok, what you'd like to have is the actorlist you defined - not the movies they're in!? Not sure if it is currently possible that way - but I am currently reworking the navigation and after that it should ... might take some days, as there is other things added and reworked too. You'll have better and more intuitive ways to brwose your catalog ...

z3us

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I want a view/filter showing only the films containing a word in the source field. That's because I have a folder "screeners" in two different disks.
    I tried creating a view with the field source and the param screeners, but it hasn't any results. Looks like the param must be exact.
    Any ideas?

PS: I don't want to create another config

Enviado desde mi GT-I9000 usando Tapatalk

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Views, Filters accessibility

I want a view/filter showing only the films containing a word in the source field. That's because I have a folder "screeners" in two different disks.
    I tried creating a view with the field source and the param screeners, but it hasn't any results. Looks like the param must be exact.
    Any ideas?

PS: I don't want to create another config

Hi z3us, can you try '*screeners*' and tell me, if it works?

z3us

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I did, but no success.
    I'll try again later

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    z3us - I'm curious - did you try adding 'Screener' to the Category field (or the extended field 'Tags' in 5.2)? I haven't tried it, but I think you should be able to do that using AMCU updates tab? Then you can not only define a filter on the Category field, but you could even find all Screeners in the Category view.

z3us

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I know, but I wanted this more automatic

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Views, Filters accessibility

I know, but I wanted this more automatic
    Yeah, and it should work - that's the sense of those filters. There will be some improvements with upcoming release, allowing you more flexible filters per userdefined view ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom