AW: Re: Views, Filters accessibility

I configurated the views in the 5.2.0.1870 but doesn't work
    Please use
    Code:
    *estrenos*
    instead of
    Code:
    estrenos
    in your condition - otherwise it will present you only with records, that have the exact word "estrenos" in the source field (and there probably isn't any...)

z3us

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Ok, but I thought that it wasn't necessary with the operator "like" (=contains?)

Enviado desde mi GT-I9000 usando Tapatalk

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Views, Filters accessibility

Ok, but I thought that it wasn't necessary with the operator "like" (=contains?)
    No, "like" is the string comparison and is same as "=" / equal for numbers.
    We probably should make that more clear in teh GUI or "translate" it somehow ... I added some examples for this purpose in the tooltips, can you check them if they are "understandable"? Any other suggestions?

z3us

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    My suggestion is that these operators should be the same n the logos rules and view sections of the config and in the manual update tab of AMCu

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Views, Filters accessibility

So this basically would mean to "translate" them all ... will think about it, when working on the setup GUI...

mbb

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2004
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Guzzi

I like the new views and filters implementation I am testing in the version 5.2.0.2132. You did an amazing work.

I have 2 questions:
    1. how is working the recently added view ? Is it possible to change the delay ? 3 months and 1 year :rolleyes: ? I updated my database with 1 film but it's not in this view.
    2. I still have my favorite actors view with a list of them as filter value. It works well. But if I choose the "reverse person name" because it's very good idea, it doesnt work anymore for those with a first name in the filter. Obviously you reverse names before filtered it, but even if I reverse the value by name fistname it doesnt work. What is the trick to do it ?

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Hi Guzzi

I like the new views and filters implementation I am testing in the version 5.2.0.2132. You did an amazing work.

I have 2 questions:
    1. how is working the recently added view ? Is it possible to change the delay ? 3 months and 1 year :rolleyes: ? I updated my database with 1 film but it's not in this view.
    RecentlyAdded groups the movies depending on their date field.
    The following "groupings" are available:
    • unknown
    • today
    • yesterday
    • last week
    • last month
    • last 3 month
    • last year
    • last 3 years
    • older than 3 years
    If you didn't get a recently added movie in the "newer groups", you probably have chosen to use "file date" for import into date field - that date might be much older then todays date.
    If you choose current date for import, you should get the movie displayed in "today" - and in "yesterday" if you look at it tomorrow etc.
    Note: As we will have the "extended fields" with new AMC4 DB format, we might think about separating the two values ("dateadded" and "filedate") - so that situation would not occurr anymore... however, I personally always used current date for import and did never miss the filedate ...

1. I still have my favorite actors view with a list of them as filter value. It works well. But if I choose the "reverse person name" because it's very good idea, it doesnt work anymore for those with a first name in the filter. Obviously you reverse names before filtered it, but even if I reverse the value by name fistname it doesnt work. What is the trick to do it ?
    Hmmm, actually, if you set filters, they should apply on the unchanged DB - so they "should" work even if names in display are reversed. However, it might be possible that there is a conflict in new core between display processing (with reverse names) and filtering - best would be if you post config and logs, so I can have a look into it.
    Edit: Logs should show, what's happening - however, you might also try the new "filter" in views - that will also allow you to filter the respective view and might not be affected by the issue you mentioned.

mbb

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2004
    Home Country
    France France
    for RecentlyAdded, I dont remember choosing any special date. But I use already AMC4, I will wait for dateadded.

I did some more tests with logs and files for each case scenario.
    * Actors view with value works well
    * Actors view with value and Reverse Person Name present only persons without firstname in the value but for reteived actors it cant find films because you try to filter it with the reverse value.
    * Actors view with filter doent filter anything :confused:

Attachments

• MyFilmTest.zip
      1.3 MB

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    for RecentlyAdded, I dont remember choosing any special date. But I use already AMC4, I will wait for dateadded.
    ok, but currently not planned for 5.2, as it is already possible using "current date" on the existing date field.
    I did some more tests with logs and files for each case scenario.
    * Actors view with value works well
    * Actors view with value and Reverse Person Name present only persons without firstname in the value but for reteived actors it cant find films because you try to filter it with the reverse value.
    I can confirm, the reversename navigation was broken -> fixed for next build.
    I tested Value Views with and without reversenames - and both do work here, also when using first names. You must NOT use "reversed names" for the value - use the nonreversed value, e.g. "Arnold Schwarzenegger" - that works.
    * Actors view with filter doent filter anything :confused:
    Retested here and it does. You should be aware that this is a filter on the movieDB - e.g. if you use an actor view and add a filter "years like '2010'" you will get all actors from movies in 2010.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom