Vimeo Errors (1 Viewer)

Darshu17

Portal Member
June 10, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi, I really like the extension and use it all the time. Just recently I found that the Vimeo site doesn't seem to be able to load videos. The list part works fine, but when you actually go to select the video, it shows "Error Unable to play video. No URL."

With any other site I've been able to just go in and fix the regex to get the site working again, but for Vimeo there is nothing listed. I'm assuming this is built into the DLL directly. Is there any way to fix this issue or will we need to wait to a new release?

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The way to go in onlinevideos is, if you find a site to be broken, that you create a report, (that generates a mail to the owner) so that he or she can fix the site, and publish the changes so everyone can benefit.
    You can ofcourse put your improvements in the report, so no work is done double.

As I'm the owner of the vimeo site, I'll put it on my list.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Strange, here it's working ok. Do you have a specific example (category/subcategory/video/quality) of a video that isn't playing?

Darshu17

Portal Member
    June 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Hmm... None of it is working for me. Maybe something else is wrong on my end. The site used to work, and I didn't think anything significant changed. I'll take another look. Thanks for checking.
    I'll let you know what I find. Hopefully it's something simple. Does Vimeo use the regular regex style of site parsing and determining the video url?

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hm, don't know what could be wrong, can you post the onlinevideos.log and mpurlsourcesplitter.log?
    And vimeo uses part regex (not configurable), part other stuff coded in the dll.

Darshu17

Portal Member
    June 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Sorry for the delay I was out of town for the holiday. I have a snippet of the log file here that seems like it might be related
    Code:
    [12-03 01:07:02,541] [1          ] [INFO ] Thumbnails will be stored in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\OnlineVideos\ with a maximum age of 100 days.
    [12-03 01:07:02,822] [1          ] [INFO ] Loaded 60 sites from OnlineVideoSites.xml
    [12-03 01:07:02,837] [1          ] [INFO ] Looking for SiteUtils and Hosters in OnlineVideos (Version: 1.7.0.3014, Compiled: 2013-10-01 13:40:34)
    [12-03 01:07:02,853] [1          ] [INFO ] Found 5 SiteUtils and 0 Hosters in 1 assemblies
    [12-03 01:07:03,227] [1          ] [WARN ] SiteUtil with name: YouTube not found!
    [12-03 01:07:27,142] [1          ] [WARN ] SiteUtil with name: Vimeo not found!
    Where can I find those SiteUtils, is it a file I am missing? I also just tried updating Onlinevideos, but maybe I should just do a fresh install.

Darshu17

Portal Member
    June 10, 2007
    Home Country
    That did the trick! Thank you very much. I had done auto update before, but I needed to update OnlineVideos first.

Anyway, thanks for all the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom