Virtual Clone Drive now emulates Daemon tools (1 Viewer)

markrb

Portal Pro
April 22, 2006
The latest beta of Virtual Clone Drive now can make programs think it is daemon tools.
This is great news for me since I prefer VCD and until now have had to use the modified dll files from the media slayer plugin.
It actually installs a file daemon.exe that you just point MP to and set it up just as you would the real Daemon Tools.
You can find the beta in the slysoft forum under virtual clone drive. As of writting this the beta was 5.4.2.3.

Mark

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Nice to know there is an alternative.

Question: What is the difference/benifit compared to deamon?

Kaoh

Portal Pro
September 11, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
That means we can have MP auto mount ISO images using this "Deamon tools" alternative? Cause the Deamon tools pops a dialog if you do, so when this tool does not, its a great alternative

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Cause the Deamon tools pops a dialog if you do, so ...
This is not the case with me. I use Deamon and I just press play and it works like a charm. No popups.

Is this caused by Vista?

Settings for Dtools for me are:
- Securemode (unticked)
- Automount (unticked)
- InUsecheck (unticked)
- Autostart Ticked
- Tray Icon Ticked
- Check for updates (unticked)

Inside MP configuration I have "Ask before playing .iso/.bin files" unticked.

Maybe this helps.

Kaoh

Portal Pro
September 11, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Weird I have it with all apps that try to tell Deamon tools what to do.
I believe it is since a certain version of Deamon tools.

magao

Portal Member
December 22, 2008
Home Country
The pop-up would be because you have Daemon Tools in "secure mode". Go to the DT tray icon, and in the preferences uncheck secure mode.

The only thing "secure mode" does is display the pop-up.

Kaoh

Portal Pro
September 11, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
LOL, ok then I also wonder what this new tool does better then Deamon tools ;)

spdr8cer

February 3, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Kinda stumbled on this thread when doing a search...

Thanks to the OP, as you helped answer a couple of questions I had about MP's ability to handle .ISO files. :D

I'm currently converting my 100+ movie DB to all Blu-Ray. To preserve my original discs, I'm ripping them to my HDD storage/NAS for playback purposes. (storing the original discs so they aren't damaged) I've been using AnyDVD HD to copy the full disc to the my drive. Then eac3to to identify the 1080p audio/video content I want to keep. I'm then using tsMuxeR to build a new Blu-ray disc image with just those identified streams. I then take ImageBurn, and create an .ISO of the image. Doing it this way I can take a typical 40GB BD down to about a 15-20GB ISO. I've been using VCD (most recent off the website) to manually mount an image when I wanted to watch using PDVD 7.3, but wanted to integrate that with MP's Movie library. (I've been running MP 1.0 for my SD DVD library, with PDVD 7.3) I wasn't sure if there was a way to auto-mount/dis-mount an ISO being selected while in MP, have it bring up PDVD, and the play the file.

Based upon what I've read so far, that shouldn't be a problem. I've also looked into DT as well, but haven't installed/played with it yet. Looks like both are similar in functionality.

I'm playing with MP 1.0 now to see if all this holds true with using VCD over DT. (or vice versa)

System config:

Intel C2D E6550
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L mobo
4GB Patriot ELK DDR2 PC6400
eVGA 8600GT 512MB
XP Pro SP2
MP1.0
PDVD 7.3
Samsung 61" DLP 1080p

jof

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    It can handle Blu Ray ISO Rips with Power DVD. Mounting a blu ray iso with dt and play it in pdvd will not work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom