Virtual Clone Drive now emulates Daemon tools (2 Viewers)

spdr8cer

February 3, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
OK, so now I'm kind of confused. What is the best solution (or does a solution even exist) for auto-mounting Blu-ray rip ISO's in MP, and then auto playback in PDVD? While I don't necessarily mind the multi-step process of manually mounting an ISO to watch, when considering the WAF, that doesn't fly. I was hoping there was a tool that could auto-mount ISO's and then playback with PDVD when selected in MP.

I'm running MP 1.0, and at 1st it didn't recognize my .ISO rip files. I added .ISO to the known file formats. Now when I select a file in my MP/Videos list it launches PDVD, but nothing plays. I've got the VCD Daemon running in the background. Am I missing something, or are my expectations not correct? Would DT be a better solution?? :confused:

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
In configuration.exe (on your desktop) you can go to General and Deamon Tools. If you point MP to the location where DT is installed and set the correct drive etc., it is possible to automount .iso files. If you have Deamon Tools installed, you need 'secure mode' disabled in Deamon tools options.

MP needs to know it can play ISO/NRG/IMG files. Dont know by head if this is still needed, but in configuration.exe I used to add to the Extensionlist in Video section the .iso .img and .nrg extension.

What happens if you manually mount a Iso file directly in windows. Does Powerdvd start to autoplay? If so. go to 'my computer' > Tools > Folder Options > File Types tab. In here, make sure "[NONE] DVD" isnt assosiated with Powerdvd. Edit it to remove the powerdvd autoplay.

This is how standard ISO files for DVD images work. For bluray iso's its a little bit different I think. There are a lot of threads about this floating around in the forum.
I read that VCD is able to do all ove the things Deamon tools is able to do. MediaPortal can even be fooled that it thinks that Deamontools is installed instead of the Virtual CD driver tool.

BrownGhost

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    i can repport that this works: Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.1.3 beta....
    WORKS in Windows 7 to :)
    And works way better, faster, then Deamon tools...

Perfect...........

Get it here..
    h t t p : / / forum . slysoft. com / showthread.php?t=22376

Deamon tools = No Windows 7 support
    Deamon tools = Slow mount
    Deamon tools = makes pupop that mess whit MP

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    How does one set this up? Just point MP config to VCD.exe instead of DT.exe and that's it?

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    And what do I do in MediaPortal?

Could someone create a quick step-by-step how-to?

sonik

Portal Member
    March 23, 2008
    oh come on
    just put some effort in it...

check MP Config-tool

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom