Vista TV scheduling (search and conflict resolution) (1 Viewer)

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I'm looking forward to trying out the new changes.
    One thing I am a little worried about is the way it seems (from that video) that MCE will only let you record shows that don't conflict. This may make sense to most, but remember that Australia has networks that are actively trying to stop PVRs any way they can. As a result most of our commercial networks run between 10-15 minutes behind schedule so most Australians have to have a 5 minute pre and 15 minute post buffer. This gives a lot of conflicts even if shows are on the same channel. At least now MP records them all wherever possible and just ignores the overlaps that can't be recorded.
    With the MCE method does it mean that MCE will not let you record two one hour programs if there is a five minute overlap?
    The only options I saw were "Record" or "Do Not Record".

Any ideas?

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    still working on it but at the moment the i made the following changes to the
    tvplugin of the tvserver
    - scheduled recordings are now sorted on date like mce
    - you can filter series with the series butto

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    thanks Frodo. So I'm guessing you aren't getting any time to see your family over Christmas?

I thought there'd be a lull during the holidays but you guys are here more than ever at the moment. The change log is ticking over so fast I have to log in more often to read them on the home page.
    (I know about the changelog.txt, but it's more fun to read it this way ;-) )

shagster

Portal Member
    July 10, 2006
    United Kindom
    Thanks Frodo. Got to say I really appreciate all the work that you guys put in and the speed at which you do it is unreal!!!

This project is a serious advertisment for all that is right about Opensource. :)

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    some more progress
    press scheduled tv->new
    now offers the following menu:
    - quick record
    - advanced record
    - TvGuide
    - search by title
    - search by keyword
    - search by genre

offcourse you need the latest svn's of MP & tvserver

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Does it means this future will be only on tvserver?
    Yes the future is the tvserver.
    At the moment the MP still contains its own internal tvengine since the tvserver is still beta and is still lacking some features.But there comes a time that the tvserver is more stable and has more features then the old internal tvengine of MP. At that point we'll probably remove the old tvengine from MP
    I dont see whats wrong with this?

But lets not drift away from the topic, which is improving the GUI for scheduling & resolving conflicts

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I am afraid of the tvserver will arrive without software tv cards support. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom