Vista TV scheduling (search and conflict resolution) (1 Viewer)

cowpie

Portal Member
October 6, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada
the quality is so bad on most software cards isn't it though? I had an ati all in wonder that got maybe 8 clear channels out of 100 vs my haupaugge 150... (sorry to drift from topic again :oops: ) Yay frodo:D

dubstar

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Scheduling and Epg search

Frodo,

Excellent work on the scheduling I had a play with it last night and it looks good.
Just a quick question, I really like the keyword search feature and I was wondering if that could be carried over to the search function that can be accessed from the 'my tv' - 'search' screen. This feature is something that I really liked about the MCE 2005 and it would be amazing if it could be fully implimented in Media Portal.

Also would it be possible to re-organise the search screen to allow more logical searching?

What i mean by this is that i either want to type in a word and find all the programmes in that name or just look through a list of up coming films of any genre and title again this was a smart feature in MCE 2005 and does work in MP its just a little clumsy.

I know this is some thing that your currently working on and I understand that there are a million other things that you are sorting too but for me this is one area MP lacks functionality and if i was skilled enough to help and implement my ideas I would.

Excellent work with the tv server and thank you for all your hard work.

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Excellent work on the scheduling I had a play with it last night and it looks good.
    Thanks

Just a quick question, I really like the keyword search feature and I was wondering if that could be carried over to the search function that can be accessed from the 'my tv' - 'search' screen.
    Sure, will look into this

Also would it be possible to re-organise the search screen to allow more logical searching?
    As a picture explains more then a 1000 words, perhaps its possible to create
    some pictures which show how you would like it to work?
    Doesnt have to be fancy as long as it shows the following items for each screen
    - which buttons are there
    - what does each button do

dubstar

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    I will throw some screen shot examples together when i get home. I think the main issue i have with it is changing the options in the left bar to organise by date instead of channel or whatever the default is. If date could be the default instead i think this would be an improvement in my mind anyway.

I will explain all this better with the screen shots.

Cheers Dubstar

dubstar

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Frodo,

I was starting to make some screen shots when i came about this

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/mediacenter/using/tv/beyondbasics1.mspx

I know its not ideal but it helps show the way the screens flow.

Also here are some screen shots of mce 2004 again not ideal but they show the layout:

http://www.salloway.org.uk/MediaCenter/2004/images/MyTV/mytvcat.JPG

http://www.salloway.org.uk/MediaCenter/2004/images/MyTV/mytvfilms.JPG

http://www.salloway.org.uk/MediaCenter/2004/images/MyTV/mytvsearch.JPG

I appologise for using windows mce as an example because Media Portal wipes the floor with it. The only reason for its use is the plain and simple (idiot proof) layout and screen flow.

I hope this helps explain, if you would like proper example screen shots making with a flow path i would be willing to produce them. Its just a shame i don't understand the code enough to change it myself as it probably took me longer to find the screens shots than it will for you to make the actual changes!!

Kind regards
    Dubstar

dubstar

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Frodo,

Are the supplied screen shots ok, or would you like me to make some proper media portal screen shots??

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom