Vizio VUR10 - QWERTY Bluetooth/IR Remote (1 Viewer)

thattexaskid19

Portal Pro
January 5, 2010
thattexaskid19 could you please post your eventghost codes for this remote?

i never really mapped all the buttons out -all you have to do is go to eventghost -add plugin -general HID -and then add a plugin for each VUR10 general HID thing that exists (for me there were about 5)

for some reason, the remote's buttons are grouped into different groups. on event ghost, theres a bunch of different HID inputs all labeled 'VUR10 Remote'. just add a separate plugin for each of them and eventghost will recognize all the button presses on the remote.

***sorry, it will recognize all the button presses except those from the QWERTY keyboard on the remote (they come up as just regular keyboard presses, so you need a plugin accepting those as input too).

captdave5

February 27, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
UPDATE!

got it working with eventghost. i can upload my settings if people would like. I have it IR blasting those components which require IR signals, and everything is done via bluetooth.

---only one (new) problem remains: the remote tends to 'go to sleep' if you dont use it for about 45 seconds. to wake it up, you obviously have to push some buttons. but it takes about 5-10 seconds after those button pushes for it to actually 'wake up'. ONLY THEN will it start sending info over bluetooth to the computer.

@erockg -does this happen to you with the TV? is there any noticeable wake up lag?
Just got the Vizio XVT323SV with the apps and bluetooth remote. The remote seems to do nothing. It is like the batteries are dead.
Took the tv out of the box, installed on the wall... and wam.... nothing happening with the remote. nothing really else to do.
It is hard to believe the remote is broken... what can I try to do to jump start this remote.... since I cannot navigate the menus without it.
Let me hear some ideas.. thanks
captdave5

Paresh

April 19, 2011
Hi - I am looking to buy an internet Vizio tv with bluetooth remote. However I am somewhat emf sensitive & not sure if the remote will bother me or not. Do you know if it uses IR for the TV conteol & bluetooth only for the keyboard functions? Thank you.

Len Bartz

September 2, 2011
This thing is a piece of junk! It's poorly designed, cheaply built, and can't be expected to work for any longer than the warrantee, if that.

I'm on my THIRD remote in less than 18 months, despite treating them like eggs! The remote that came with my TV lasted just eight months, and its replacement only nine!

Just to add insult to injury, you can't buy a "universal" remote, because Vizio didn't build in any way for a universal remote to pair with the TV! So, despite the fact that you KNOW their remote is a $60 paperweight, you'll still have NO choice but to buy ANOTHER one! (IF you can get one! Mine was back-ordered, since apparently they're selling enough replacements that they can't keep them in stock!)

This remote control is SO bad that I will have to think long and hard before I buy another Vizio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom